Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there?!

Hi! Just wondering if there are any other Canadians around here.

I am from Ontario, Canada!

Nice to meet you!

Comment

Hey i'm from ontario too!! I've been looking for other AP mom's out there ( I feel like i'm the only one!) do you live near London On?

Comment

In Kitchener.

Hi. I'm in Kitchener. Anyone around here?

Comment

Vancouver over here!

Comment

Oakville!

I'm in Oakville...through our Oakville Moms group on meetup.com we have weekly AP meetings.

Comment

Hello. I'm Judy from Calgary!

Comment

Vancouver

Hi there,

I'm from Vancouver too... you could try the mothering.com forums if you're looking for local mamas in Ontario as I know here in Vancouver there's a huge tribe from Vancouver on the mothering forums.

Comment

Originally posted by music-mommy View Post
                  I'm from Vancouver too... you could try the mothering.com forums if you're looking for local mamas in Ontario as I know here in Vancouver there's a huge tribe from Vancouver on the mothering forums.
                  music-mommy,

I wonder if we know each other! Or have friends in common. I'm not on the mothering forums but a lot of people I know are.

Jessica

Comment

Attachment Parenting Canada has a website offering local groups across Canada (formal and informal such as email groups, facebook groups, and yahoo groups) If you would like to add your group to our database, please let me know. I used to know quite a few attachment parenting people in Vancouver thanks to the homeschooling yahoo groups. Thanks! Judy
                    www.attachmentparenting.ca

Comment

Judy,

Thanks for the post. I actually had no idea that there was a AP Canada. Is there any official connection between APC and API? (couldn't find that info on the website)

I loved the interview you did in the new issue of the API journal. I think you've got yourself a book sale! I've been trying hard to avoid punishment and "logical" consequences since my first was a about a year old. Usually with fairly good success but every once in a while (usually coinciding with my child's new developmental stage)I get to a point where I honestly can't figure out why consequences are bad. What's wrong with yelling "clean up those toys or they are all going in the garbage"? Luckily my kids show me what's wrong with that approach and I've always found my way back, often with the help of a good book.

Thanks again,

Comment

Originally posted by smurfsammy View Post
                        Hey i'm from ontario too!! I've been looking for other AP mom's out there ( I feel like i'm the only one!) do you live near London On?
                        I am actually from Brampton, ON

Originally posted by Judy Arnall View Post
                        Attachment Parenting Canada has a website offering local groups across Canada (formal and informal such as email groups, facebook groups, and yahoo groups) If you would like to add your group to our database, please let me know. I used to know quite a few attachment parenting people in Vancouver thanks to the homeschooling yahoo groups. Thanks! Judy
                        www.attachmentparenting.ca
                        I forgot about that site actually LOL

Comment

Hi Jessica:
                          AP Canada was designed to have a Canadian focus and resources and we collaborate with AP International. We hope to have Lysa Parker and Barb Nicholson visit us with their book sometime this year. Good for you for letting your kids show you how to parent! We sure learn quite a bit from them!
                          Warmest wishes,
                          Judy Arnall

Comment

not too far

Originally posted by mimosapalmberg View Post
                            Hi. I'm in Kitchener. Anyone around here?
                            I'm in Guelph, not too far away at all!!

Comment

ontario groups...

Hi!

I'm in Guelph too and would be quite interested in attending a local AP group for Moms and Dads.

Comment

Working...
                              X