• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonviolent Communication Workshop - Dupage County, IL

DuPage County API presents a Nonviolent Communication Workshop

Date: Saturday, April 26th
    Time: 10:00am - 12:00pm
    Tickets: $10 per family (includes yourself, partner and children). Space is limited, so please buy your tickets soon if you are interested in attending.

Nonviolent Communication (NVC) language is a way of speaking that promotes understanding between people, successful information exchange and a peaceful resolution of differences. It helps us identify our shared values and needs, encourages us to use language that increases goodwill, and avoids words or phrases that contribute to resentment or lower self-esteem.

The workshop will be led by Myra Walden of the Alliance for Nonviolent Communication. Myra Walden is a certified NVC trainer and has been teaching NVC for nearly 10 years. She has a B.A. in psychology and a M.A. in clinical psychology. She received her Nonviolent Communication certification from The Center for Nonviolent Communication, a global organization helping people connect compassionately with themselves and one another through Nonviolent Communication language. The Center for Nonviolent Communication was created by Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D.

Payment information: To register for this event, please send payment via paypal to: dupageapi @ gmail.com (no spaces). Write "NVC" and your last name on the subject line. You may also mail a check to DuPage County API, c/o Giselle Baturay, 1229 Cardinal Lane, Naperville, IL 60540. Please make check payable to "DuPage County API". Tickets are non-refundable. Payment must be made by April 25th.

Children are welcome at the workshop but childcare will also be available in the same building for a charge. For details, please email Giselle at gbaturay @ yahoo.com (no spaces).

For more information, including directions to the event, please visit:
    http://www.nurturednaturally.com/api.html

DuPage County API is a chapter of Attachment Parenting International.

giselle,
    that sounds awesome! i'd love to get that organized here. can you give me an idea of what it took to get it set up? what was the cost? did you use a speaker connected w/ NVC.org?

Comment

I went through the NVC site and found a local certified trainer. She was extremely nice. We spoke about what she'd cover in the workshop and the cost. I found a location that is free and is great for presentations. A lovely mom in our group made a website for the event and then we just started to spread the word about the event. We need 25 tickets to break even, so we are hoping to spread the word in order to cover our cost.

Comment

Working...
      X