X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody in my neck of the woods?

Hi! My husband and I practice attachment parenting, but we live in a small town in Texas where people MAY practice it but just not by that name or may not be familiar with it. We live in Lexington. Anyone near us? Just thought I'd check and see!

I'm in The Woodlands so just a few hours east of you!

Comment

Hey there! I have family in the Katy area too. My big thing is that I really like my son's pediatrician, but she is not totally for all of that goes along with Attachment Parenting like co-sleeping. I am really in hopes of finding a pediatrian somewhat nearby who is into Attachment Parenting and holistic (they have to be out there ). I found a holistic dentist in Bastrop, so I was happy about that.

Comment

What API group are you a part of? Austin? I'm sure there are tons of supportive peds in austin since that seems to be such a "crunchy" town. But that might still be a bit of a drive for ya. We've found one we love here but it took us a while!

Comment

Yeah, we're about an hour away from Austin. I like our ped, but I make sure to speak up about what is done to our son and why. She questioned me at first about co-sleeping, etc., but I told her that I had thoroughly read up on how to do it safely and offered to her if she wanted any Attachment Parenting info for her other patients. I did find a holistic dentist in Bastop! So, that is good! I like my eye doc, but he's in Katy (where my family lives). He's breastfeeding- friendly though, which is always a plus! Maybe in the future I may start an AP group in my little town. I'll be a while though as our day fills up with nursing and ECing.

Comment

Hi! We are in Bastrop! I was just starting to feel isolated enough to join some AP groups in Austin. I'm in a MOMS Club here, but am the only AP momma... I have two boys, aged 3 and 5 months.

Comment

I live in Austin, so it sounds like we're not too far from you. We have an Elgin family that often joins us at central Austin AP events. Contact me privately and I'll gladly get you information on the Austin chapters of API. There are events happening all over Austin where AP families get together for fun.

Comment

Working...
              X