Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back pain?

Hello Laurie,

In your book you talk about the physical ailments that can occur from spankings. I was spanked pretty heavily as a child to the point of welts at times and I am wondering if my back pain could have arisen from these spankings. I've had back pain ever since I can remember. If it could be caused by the spankings could you explain how that could be? Thanks in advance.

Warmly,
    Stephanie

"Spanking", or physical abuse, is traumatic to children and very harmful to the parent-child attachment relationship. I'm sorry to hear that you went through being hit by your caretakers. I am not a doctor, so I can't answer a medical question, but it makes sense that if a child is struck in the pelvic and tailbone area that the spine, back and musculature would be affected. I know of some children who have been hit so hard on the buttocks that their genitals and other organs have been damaged.

What I can answer to is that trauma is stored in the body and in the cells. Physical ailments have a spiritual and emotional message to us, letting us know that something is out of balance, that a trauma and the emotions that went along with that trauma have been unexpressed. I recommend EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), EMDR for trauma, energy work, Reiki, deep tissue massage, homeopathy, acupuncture and other forms of body and energy work to help the negative energy that could be trapped in the tissues flow out of the body. If you think you have a medical problem, consult with a holistic practitioner or consider physical therapy. Louise Hay has done a great deal of work in this area of mind-body healing.

-Laurie
    Last edited by LACouture; 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
    X