Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTYK: General comments

HOTYK=Hold On to Your Kids: Why parents need to matter more than peers

I am finding this book an incredibly fascinating and informative read. It accurately, in my opinion, explains why our youth of today are as they are.

It also does an excellent of job of detailing why it is imperative that we focus our parenting on making attachments with our children. I think the book could aptly be named The Case for Attachment Parenting.

p. 101 "Attachment is a child's most pressing need and most powerful drive . . ."

It has also caused me to reflect on some things regarding my own childhood that I haven't thought about for a long time, things I do and do not want to repeat in my quest to nurture attachment within my children.

I really love this book too! I found it so inspiring. I get it out now and then when I need to "refresh" my parenting with some focus & clarity. It really inspires me to want to continue down our current path. It does "make the case" for attachment parenting, doesn't it?

Comment

It's been a long while since I read this book, but I remember LOVING it, until I got to some parts near the end that seemed to me to be rather "Top-down" in the issue of discipline, after having just read "Unconditional Parenting." Still, overall a very important message that most of society is not getting, I think.

Comment

I have to agree

I would have to agree as well. It really does show how important Attachment Parenting is and how important it is from the beginning. If you read this book when your children was a teenager, it might be harder to bring them back... you definitely could but it will take a lot of work.

I too agree that it has made me look back into my life and see how much peer oriented it was for me and how normal that appeared to my family and friends surrounding me. I also recall feeling so lost and lonely and wanting to have a mother to guide me.

I do love reading this book as well

Comment

Working...
        X