Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: The Natural Child by Jan Hunt

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to remind you that we will be reading The Natural Child by Jan Hunt in the months of August and September. We are currently discussing with Jan the final dates of when she will be moderating the forum for API and once we know we'll make the premium forum available. Looking forward to joining you next month for this wonderful book!

Summary of The Natural Child

Hello Everyone,

I truly cannot wait to start reading this book with you! In only a few weeks be we'll starting... feel free to start sharing :-)

If you have not already been to Jan's website before, please take time to visit it at http://www.naturalchild.com/

To get our reading appetites wet, here is the summary of the book taken directly from Jan's website:

"With its clear focus on mutual respect, The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart offers a loving and respectful approach to raising a happy, trusting and confident child.
    The Natural Child includes a foreword by Peggy O'Mara, Editor/Publisher of Mothering Magazine. It has been approved by La Leche League International, Attachment Parenting International, and Nurture by Nature Network.
    Sections include Parenting with Empathy and Trust, Living with a Baby, Living with Children, Guiding Children, Helping Children Learn, and Advocating for Children.
    6" X 9", 174 pages."
    http://www.naturalchild.com/book/

I look forward to reading with you... invite a friend or family member to join in the discussion and reading!

Comment

question

Hi, I'm not totally clear on the format of the online book club. Once it is August will a thread for this book be started in API Reads or do individuals just start individual threads in API Reads as they have something to comment on?

Thanks! Krista

Comment

Clarification on process

Hello Krista,

Totally understandable and . I hope you enjoy joining us as we begin reading The Natural Child next week. Usually I try to start a discussion thread within the first week based upon the first couple of chapters and then people will respond. This discussion can be started by posting a poll, a thread, or a question. Our readers, includes you , can also post a thread whenever they want as well. We don't only have to respond to the thread created by myself. Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know so that I can further clarify

Comment

That does clear it up, thanks!

Comment

The natural Child.

Ooh, I would be interested in the book and getting involved in the forum!
            I'll check back soon with updates on when you get started.

Comment

Natural child

My husband has talked about this book for some time now.I'll be glad to finally read it!

Comment

Oh I can not wait for this! Jan is an amazing person!

Comment

Jan Hunt Online Discussion Sept 15-19... woo hoo!!!

Hello Everyone,

It is now official... Jan Hunt is going to work with API in regards to holding an online discussion in our author premium forum about The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart for the dates of September 15-19! This is a really wonderful opportunity for all of our API Reads program participants. Even better news is that for all paying API members our author online discussions will now be part of your membership

To participate as an API paying member please send your first name, last name, address, and forum ID to memberships@attachmentparenting.org for our Member Liaison and Forum Administrator to process successfully. Not a paying API member? Why not join today? Not interested in membership but would love to participate in the online discussion than subscribe to this feature.

Please note: Our authors have requested that all participants in the online discussion need to have read or are currently reading the book to be discussed. This allows for a more rich and in-depth conversation with the author.

I look forward to joining you in this online discussion. Please email at memberships@attachmentparenting.org if you have any questions. For all newcomers to the program...

Comment

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I plan to join in on the discussion of Natural Parenting. I'm a paying member of API--I paid dues to my local chapter. Is that sufficient to participate? Thanks!

Comment

Hello runrebeccaray,

Yes, that is more than sufficient. Please email me at memberships@attachmentparenting.org with your name, address, and forum ID so that we can get you seup with being able to participate in the discussion in September :-)

Welcome to API Reads :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X