Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Bond: Aug, Sep, & Oct choice

Hello Everyone,

We will be reading the book Baby Bond by Dr. Linda Palmer. I have already begun reading and have found myself captivated already by the prologue. Below is a description of the book from Amazon. I look forward to joinining you on our reading adventure with Baby Bond.

Out of 17 reviews Baby Bond has received 4.5 stars... if that doesn't speak volumes!

Please see note from Dr. Linda Palmer:
    "If you're looking for "Baby Matters," you'll love "The Baby Bond." Extensively documented "Baby Matters" won a Silver IPPY award in 2008 and was picked up by the publisher, SourceBooks. It has been updated, revised, and embellished, and is now "The Baby Bond." You can read the many wonderful reviews for "Baby Matters" on its Amazon page in order to gain insight into "The Baby Bond."

If you already own "Baby Matters," a large bulk of the text is the same. If you have one of the earlier editions, I wouldn't purchase "The Baby Bond" unless you have a newborn or young infant with challenges you are going to turn to this book for. In this case, there are lots of small but important details that I've changed my mind a little on, or just written more about, as I've followed the research over the years. I've gone through the book with great detail to be certain that each idea is still current in the science and I've made changes where I found I could bring newer information. I've added informative preemie feeding tables that should help drive home the message about feeding term infants as well. I updated lots of the references for some of the same old words just to keep the reference section looking more current, as pretty much all the messages in my book (originally released in 2001, updated before in 2007) just get re-proven over and over.

Amazon description:
    Meticulously researched and warmly presented, the most authoritative and persuasive guide to attachment parenting

When it comes to early parenting, scientific evidence points time and again to the bond between parent and child as a critical factor in a baby's health and wellbeing. Backed by more than 1,200 trusted sources, this breakthrough guide reveals the many little-known advantages that only a responsive, nurturing parenting style can provide:
    • Surprising evidence on the benefits of breastfeeding
    • How attentiveness and touch impacts permanent brain development in infants
    • Under-reported facts about how to reduce colic, food allergies, and illness
    • Why sharing sleep is both safe and natural
    • How to reduce future teen-year stress by bonding with your young child early
    At the forefront of a passionate, growing movement called "attachment parenting," this warmly presented guide is a rare overview of information too often missing from parenting circles, pediatric offices, and financially motivated product promotions.
    Why Attachment Parenting?
    • Cultures around the world that practice more natural forms of parenting have healthier infants who cry much less, toddlers who do not exhibit "terrible twos," generally respectful teenagers, and independent adults who participate in family matters.
    • A well-controlled study found sleeping outside of the parents' room brought 10.5 times the risk of SIDS as sleeping in the parents' room.
    • Studies have shown that infants who receive frequent physical affection have lower overall levels of stress.
    • In the United States and other industrialized countries, the infant death rate for formula-fed infants is twice that of exclusively breastfed babies.
    Excerpt from The Baby Bond

Can't wait to start reading the new book Ready for some new good parenting reads.

Comment

Working...
    X