X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respectful Parents: pg 9

I just received my book yesterday from API (our office manager is very quick!) and I am truly enjoying what I am reading. When I read the words "To live authentically, with clarity about what is important and true for you, is the goal - not perfection." it really hit home for me. In my mind and my view I am not striving to be a perfect parent and yet when I have a parenting moment I am not proud of, I berate myself internally. Sure, on the outside to my daughter I say "I'm sorry; that is not what mommy intended. Mommy should have done X and next time I'll remember to do it differently." But on the inside I feel my fear and I hear my disappointment. Not exactly authentic or compassionate... LOL!

Respectful Parents Respectful Kids was such a great way for me to see NVC in action. It also helped me, like you said to learn to have self-empathy for myself as a parent. We are fortunate enough to have an NVC Facilitator in our group and she faciliates discussions now and then on self-empathy. What a good book!

Comment

Originally posted by stephanie View Post
      "To live authentically, with clarity about what is important and true for you, is the goal - not perfection."
      that is sooo liberating!!! we should post this all over API.F!

Comment

I have yet to recieve my copy from API.

API recieved my PayPal payment on the 11th, so hopefully it wil be here anyday.

Can't wait to start reading!

Happy Monday mamas!

Comment

I am so sorry that you haven't received your copy yet. If you could email brandy@attachmentparenting.org to see the status of your order, that might help. :-)

Comment

Got my book last week! There was actually a problem with the postal service and the packaging.

No worries!!

Comment

I know. I love the word authentic being used. It reaches so much deeper in yourself with that terminology!

Comment

Working...
              X