X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids book discussion

We have good news everyone! The API Reads program is BACK! We will start our re-launch with the book by Dr. Laura Markham "Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting". I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and hope you will enjoy it along with me. The book is available in soft book format, Kindle format, and Audio CD. To help us get our commission please click on the following link to purchase the book:

Paper back edition

A note from Dr. Laura Markham:

I wrote the book because I see parents doing the hardest job in the world, often without the support and information they need. I'm an attachment theorist, so I was steeped in attachment theory before I had children or had ever read a book on parenting. Obviously, secure attachment is essential for healthy development. But secure attachment comes from how parents respond to their child's emotions, not just from whether parents follow certain Attachment practices. I find that parents aren't given enough help with emotion -- their own, or their child's. So learning to accept and regulate our own emotions as parents is the first step of parenting. That gives us the foundation to help our children with their emotions, even while we guide their behavior. And once kids can regulate their emotions, they can manage their behavior -- as long as we've maintained the positive connection that makes them WANT to.
    Last edited by stephanie; 02-16-2013, 09:44 AM.

This book has been the best thing to happen to our family in such a long time. I cannot say enough about it! I am so thankful for Dr. Markham's wisdom and openness. This truly has been a life changer for us.

Comment

• stephanie
      stephanie commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so glad that you have been enjoying the book. It has truly been a great resource for a lot of people and I'm glad you are among them. What has been your favorite part or what section have you found the most useful or eye opening?
Working...
X