X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identical Twins - shower announcement

Did anyone else with twins make a request on their shower announcement to avoid receiving matching outfits? If so, how did you word it? I'm thinking of saying something about respecting the individuality of each baby, but am not sure if that would be clear enough. Thanks!

I'm not the mother of multiples, just the moderator of the forum, so no first-hand experience but I wanted to chime in.

I like your idea of wording it that way but I understand that some people may not understand the meaning of it. I think, from an outside viewpoint, that buying matching outfits is likely the norm.

Is someone else hosting the shower? If so perhaps you can speak with her (or him) and then she (he) can help get the word out.

I'm going to think on this and see if I can't come up with anything.

Comment

Over the years, I have come to accept that I can't control what gifts we receive. Though my mother-in-law knows we prefer to not have matching outfits, she still sends my five-year-old twins matching outfits for every birthday and Christmas. For her, she is stuck in a mind frame that I personally don't get, but I've given up trying to change it.

What I can control is what I put the girls in on a given day. (Well not anymore, but you know, when they were little.) Just because they have the same blue sleeper doesn't mean they have to wear them on the same day. Plus, with all the accidents and spit up, when they are tiny, it's harder than you'd expect to get them in a certain outfit at a certain time even when you are trying.

For the people you are close to, you could let them know in conversation that you don't plan to dress your babies alike. For people you aren't close to, there's always the exchange counter!

Just my thoughts. Best wishes and congratulation on your twins!

Leah, mom to 3 girls

Comment

Originally posted by MamaLeah View Post

For the people you are close to, you could let them know in conversation that you don't plan to dress your babies alike. For people you aren't close to, there's always the exchange counter!
        exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Working...
        X