Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

My name is Arminius. This is my first time posting on this forum. I am sixteen years old and female, living in the south eastern part of the United States. I am a full time student and otherwise unemployed. I have Asperger's and some LD issues. My sister, twelve, is dislexic, as is our cousin and uncle, as was our grandfather. I have no children, but years of bad experiences with the IEP system have made advocacy my career goal. I have opinions, but I'm mostly here to learn about what others are doing and about the needs of children, parents, and families dealing with different kinds of issues. If no one here minds the intrusion of someone who isn't actually a mom, I would enjoy getting to know you and hearing what you have to say.

Welcome to the forums. I always find it helpful to hear from individuals on the autism spectrum, themselves, instead of just professionals or other parents. I think that is great that you want to get into the advocacy world, I know that is the "main" hat I wear as a mother - advocating for my children. Thankfully, we've had great experiences with the IEP system. I have a mom and a sister in education so I have information from both sides of the fence to use.

Comment

Hi welcome to the forum, I am really enjoying myself here and even getting a lot of things to know. Hope you to find it worth being here.

Comment

Working...
      X