X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Webinar on Stopping Bullying

Posting this here as children with special needs are the targets of bullying more often than those that are not. This doesn't just happen to those children who attend schools, but it also occurs on public playgrounds etc.

This webinar is being hosted by the US Department of Health and Human Services and is free. This isn't related to API in any way but felt that it might be informative for those parents who have to deal with bullying.

http://www.mchcom.com/liveWebcastDetail.asp?leid=329

thanks, melissa. bullying is, indeed, a very dire issue for our children.

Comment

so how does this work?
      is it just like a chat or is it interactive?

Comment

Originally posted by harmonicker View Post
        so how does this work?
        is it just like a chat or is it interactive?
        Honestly - I have no clue. LOL

I received it from a friend via email, I'm hoping to figure it out between now and next week though!

Comment

will you be there then Melissa?

Comment

I am hoping to. Alexander doesn't have a problem with bullying but then again he's only in 1st grade. At the ASA conference last year I went to a bullying discussion and it was really insightful.

Comment

that is good to know. Ethan experienced it once but he did not know what was happening at all. He was unaware to the fact that the other child was being mean.
              So it hurt me more than him.
              Last edited by harmonicker; 04-09-2008, 01:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by harmonicker View Post
                that is good to know. Ethan experienced it once but he did not know what was happening at all. He was unaware to the fact that the other child was being mean.
                So it hurt me more than him.
                i get this a lot, too. kids sarcasm toward james really hurts me, but he has no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by PaxMamma View Post
                  i get this a lot, too. kids sarcasm toward james really hurts me, but he has no clue.
                  Here too! It happens in public play areas the most. I just posted in the childhood forums and mentioned that my son's social quirks have come in handy (for him) in that specific situation.

Comment

I signed up for this..

Comment

Working...
                    X