X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Heartache to Hope -- another new autism book

You'll love reading all the inspirational stories in From Heartache to Hope: Middle Tennessee Families Living with Autism. Author Leisa A. Hammett shares how this book came to be and how she hopes it will benefit families affected by autism in an interview on The Attached Family online magazine at http://theattachedfamily.com/membersonly/?p=2484. Login information is available in the Fall/Winter discipline issue of The Attached Family magazine or in the Members-only section of the Forum.

Here's an excerpt from the interview:

Q: What tips do you have for families affected by autism, in particular the parents who practice Attachment Parenting (AP)?

LEISA: Having an Attachment Parenting foundation will be an asset in a family’s autism journey, because this gentle approach is all about nurturing your maternal and parental instinct. I carried that ability to listen to my gut when it yelled: “This does not feel right for me and my child!” (Even when it might be the method du jour!) I would like to think that AP helps nurture the kind of parent who loves their child because she or he is their child, despite the fact that she or he has autism. She or he is a person first -- the same child before she or he was diagnosed with autism.
    More...
Working...
X