Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers & Daughters; Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Mothering survey

Greetings,

I am delighted to finally be able to send you the link to the Mothers & Daughters; Pregnancy, Birth, and Early Mothering survey. Although it has experienced a long gestational period, I am confident that the current version of the survey - and the information that comes from it - will duly justify the time and effort it has taken. To refresh your memory, the original call for research participants follows this message.

As the survey is designed to be taken by mothers and daughters, I ask that you forward the email accordingly, i.e. mothers should forward it to their daughters and vice versa. Even if you previously provided me with your mother’s or daughter’s email, please forward it to them anyway, as they may not have been included in this distribution.

Participants should only submit one response, i.e. one survey per daughter/one survey per mother. If you have a sister that would like to complete the survey your mother only needs to complete one survey. Once both mother/daughter surveys have been submitted, the emails will be linked accordingly. Note that daughters whose mother’s are not available/no longer living are still able to take the survey, so I encourage you to do so if that situation applies to you.

I am also providing you with a code that you can place into the HTML of any webpage, and encourage you to do that as you deem appropriate.

If for some reason you are no longer willing, able, or eligible to participate, I would like to thank you for your time and initial interest. I also hope that you would be willing to forward this email - and survey link - to anyone else you think might be interested and eligible. If you are still willing, able, and eligible to participate, please click on the link provided below and begin taking the survey. Note that, for your convenience, you will be able to complete the survey in more than one session.

The survey will be closed down at midnight on Friday, February 5th, 2010. Responses received after that date will not be included as part of data collection.

Again, thank you for your time, interest, and help with this important research project. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

With warm regards,

Sally

Sally Dear-Healey
    Ph.D. Candidate
    Department of Sociology
    Binghamton University
    P.O. Box 6000
    Binghamton, New York 13902
    sdear@binghamton.edu

Link to Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sdear-...0_birth_survey

HTML Code for WebPages: <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/sdear-healey_jan2010_birth_survey">Click here to take survey</a>

Participants Wanted for Research Study

Sally Dear, M.A., Ph.D. Candidate, Certified Childbirth Educator/Certified Trainer (Birth Works®, International), Certified Labor Assistant, Doula; is conducting a research study for her doctoral dissertation to learn if, how, and to what extent knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors related to pregnancy, birth, and early mothering are transmitted from mother to daughter. Both daughters (daughters must have given birth within thelast five years) and their mothers are being recruited for the study. This project has been reviewed and approved by Binghamton Universities' Human Subjects Research Review Committee. If you have questions aboutyour rights as a research participant, you may call the HSRRC at (607)777-3818. If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact Sally Dear at (607) 757-9407 or sdear@binghamton.edu.
Working...
X