work stress

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I don't even know what I would do in that situation. It makes me want to cry just hearing about it. I always swore I would live in my car with my baby before resorting daycare but realistically we'd probably freeze in Montana in the winter. I would so look into other daycares, if nothing else at the worst they will be so bad that it will make yours look better. That's even more sad to think about. My sister in law used to run a daycare and I would never, ever leave my son alone with her, ever. She loves her nephew but I'd be physically sick at the thought. She has become immune to a baby crying from hearing it so much and having so little time to devote to individual children. I am soooo grateful to my mom for looking after Columbia while I work and hearing your story makes me think I have nothing at all to be upset about. I am just really sorry for you and your lo. But I'm sure you are repairing any damage done by being such a great ap mom every moment you get the chance! Huge hugs to you and your daughter.

Comment

I feel sad when I hear about care providers that have become immune to crying. I am sure they are burnt out themselves and could do with a sabbatical. I try to be a very responsive caregiver to the boy I sit for. Maybe we should start an AP for caregivers education certification and network?

Comment

Ok, I didn't mean to make it sound THAT bad. I mean they don't use the parenting techniques that we do but it is a good daycare. The problem is that daycare is just not good. Twila has bonded well to one woman in particular and she is happy to go there because she is not there for long. She only seems like she's been crying every once in a while. However I am going to try and avoid her having any meals there. Being that Twila is an AP baby she handles daycare much much better than the other babies who are there for 8 hours a day. They pretty much say that she is content and happy all the time. They respect that I let her nap and eat on cue and it seems that they have gotten to know her cues. But still the thought of her waiting more than a few minutes to eat makes me sad.

However I originally wanted to share that it has not affected our connection to be apart for school. I focus every moment we have into her health, happiness and growth. She amazes me with how happy and smiley she is all day. And soon she'll be at the daycare on campus and I'll be able to feed her between classes and lessen the amount of time we're apart. We don't have family here and I just don't know anyone who is available to care for her during school hours. Believe me that if we could survive without my student loan checks I would just stay home completely. We have decided that this is the best way for me to spend as much time with her as possible. I will take two years to finish grad school and then Daddy will stay home with her after that.

Comment

Ok, I didn't mean to make it sound THAT bad.
          Thats good!

Comment

That does make me feel better. AP certified caregivers are a fantastic idea!!! How do we do this?

Comment

Yeah, like a course ! E-mail one of the headquarter people your ideas around that!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                That does make me feel better. AP certified caregivers are a fantastic idea!!! How do we do this?
                i believe API is still offering the Professional Membership. this could be doctors, counselors, caregivers.

Comment

Professional Membership. this could be doctors, counselors, caregivers.
                  Yes, but that dosn't mean they are "certified", just that they are interested and supportive. They don't have to take a test or 'prove' that they are familiar with AP behaviors. If I were looking for a caregiver for my children, it would be nice if they had taken CPR and a intro to babywearing, breastmilk management and gentle discipline primer! And if we could give classes in that -it might be a good way to find a caregiver with the resulting network....
                  Just Ideas.

Comment

Working...
                  X