Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone read this? Sleep Research

http://www.sleepnet.com/infant3/messages/534.html

We cosleep and it's been great. The information makes complete sense. We are an odd culture here in the USA. My mother isn't from here and she raised us in so many ways similar to AP. My husband's family is having a hard time with the way he and I want to raise our son. Oh well. We are the parents!

Yes, this is one of the articles we shared with my parents when they learned of our co-sleeping choice. Now when my kids have a sleepover at their house, guess where they sleep? hehe

Those of us here in America do seem to do things quite backwards from the majority of the rest of the world, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by melissa_h View Post
      Yes, this is one of the articles we shared with my parents when they learned of our co-sleeping choice. Now when my kids have a sleepover at their house, guess where they sleep? hehe
      i had a woman tell me co-sleeping was a bad idea and, in the same breathe, tell me her grandaughter sleeps w/her when at her house. so, i guess in her mind, it's okay to sleep w/your grandchildren, but not your children

Comment

Probably more like it's OK to sleep with your older children, but not your babies, or to do it as a special treat, but not regularly. Hmph.

Comment

My Dad tried to give me a hard time about co-sleeping w/ our 2nd DD (never did w/ the first, who knows LOL) and I sd to him "Dad, where did we sleep as kids? And where did I come when I wasn't feeling good even AFTER I had DD1 and I was home w/out DH?" He just hung his head and sd "OK, I'll stop now and yes you are right!"

But yes, I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to CIO. My DH however, he did and my MIL proudly says that "Well, they only cry for 1 or 2 hrs the first night then its less and less!" ??? I just don't get it!?

We are a very backwards country.

My DD2 once ask MIL if she could sleep w/ her b/c she sleeps w/ my parents when we go visit (we are 3,000 miles from family so its a HUGE treat for her) them and MIL told her no that she had to sleep in her own bed. She was so upset b/c we had just been w/ my parents and she had been sleeping w/ them for 3 weeks.

OK sorry I just kept going about this. That was a great article though and I plan on keeping it bookmarked to share w/ others. Thanks Sorry for the book.

Comment

Our parents have all been fine with the children sleeping with us, but they are always looking for information to show their co-workers. I think they might find this article insightful! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X