Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping Baby Warm

Just a quick question. Baby (8 weeks old) and i love to co-sleep and everything i read tells me that if she's co-sleeping with me to dress her lighter. She wears a onesie and a warm sleeper this should be enough correct? It is if i keep her on her side and against me. But we all know back is best and when i roll her to her back she begins to flail, however she will fall asleep eventually but when she wakes up the side opposite to me is ice cold (to the point I can feel her cold feet through her warm sleeper). I've tried swaddling her but she's no longer enjoys it and is constantly squirming to escape. Any suggestions on how to keep her safe and warm without using my comforter?

Do you have blankets on yourself? How cold is your room? Does she seem to sweat overnight?

Comment

Yes I sleep with a sheet and a comforter. However, I have circulation troubles and get cold easy. Our house is usually between 20 and 25 degrees celius. She does not sweat at all and will usually feel quite cold. I'm told because she fair she turns a mottled colour easy but i'm unsure if it's just because she's fair skin or if it's because she's cold as this only happens when she's cold and not up against me.

Comment

I dress the children in wool pyjamas and wool-socks. That way they stay warm without beeing too warm.

Comment

If I'm cold, I dress the babe in warm pajamas and a sleep sack. Now that he's one, I've figured out what his comfort zones are. Last summer when he was a newborn (and we had the AC on), he was in a footed sleeper or a gown + a sleepsack. When the AC wasn't on, he was just in the gown.

He's sometimes a side sleeper. That's how he likes to sleep, so it's cool by me.

If his back/trunk is warm, he's generally warm. His extremities have always been fairly cool, so I try to make sure he doesn't have bare feet. So long as his trunk and feet are warm, his hands seem to be okay.

Comment

if they're overly warm, they'll sweat. if your baby feels cold to the touch and won't sleep, then add layers. if he starts to sweat, then that's too much.

Comment

Originally posted by PaxMamma View Post
              if they're overly warm, they'll sweat. if your baby feels cold to the touch and won't sleep, then add layers. if he starts to sweat, then that's too much.
              That makes sense... socks are good too!

Comment

Working...
              X