Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate Beds For How Long?

My one month old cosleeps with me and I wouldn't want it any other way but the problem is our bed is tiny. It's just not possible to safely fit my husband, baby and myself. We are not financially able to buy another bed because we recently found out the house we rent is being sold and all money is going into moving expense so I sleep with baby in the living room on the hide-a-bed. I have cushions and pillows around the outside so it's secure for us but my question is when does it get safer for a baby to sleep with two people? Or, as he gets older does it just get worse because his movement is added to the equation?

I think a safe option for your situation is putting both mattresses on the floor in one room near each other. you could fill up the couch void with old blankets and sweaters so it would still function.

Check out The University of Notre Dame Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Lab for some interesting scientifically based pro-co-sleeping information.

If both mattresses are on the floor baby would not have a falling out issue (only a few inches) or a wedged in furniture problem and you could sneak over and cuddle with hubby! Does your one month old sleep in the crock of your arm? Is your husband against co-sleeping?

Comment

Thanks

No, my husband is fine with it as long as we are actually able to sleep and the baby is safe. I like the mattress idea.

Comment

Working...
      X