Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you cosleep?

What do you mama's and daddy's out there cosleep? Where does your lo sleep. In your arms? or slightly away from you? between mommy and daddy or between mommy and bedrail/wall? I'm just curious how other families out there cosleep

We have a low IKEA Queen bed and next to it a toddler bed that is pushed up against the wall. The baby falls asleep nursing then I put him over in the toddler bed. At some point in the night my almost 4yr old comes over and if the baby is still in the toddler bed my older son gets in between hubby and I. If the baby is back in bed with us, the older one gets into the toddler bed.
    That's it, It will change soon I am sure!

Comment

Before it was in my arms and between me and a side rail or the wall until he was able to roll on his own and hold up his head, then it was between daddy and I and then the dogs at our feet. It still is with most nights adults being pushed out and baby and dogs in King size bed. We wouldn't want it any other way. It is so warm and cuddly and ... family.

Comment

Our bed is not big enough for all three of us, so I sleep with my 2 month old in my arms in a recliner, in a reclined postion. I know it is not ideal, but she snuggles up in my arms and I have a boppy that keeps her secure against me. She nurses on demand, and we sleep well! Safety is always checked and it has worked so far.

Comment

i think it would be easier to ask "how have you NOT co-slept?" as i think we've used every possibility in our home kids in between, next to, on top of, separate rooms w/each parent, every floor of the house, i can't even remember them all. currently, my boys sleep together in their room, i'm in the "adult" room, and dh sometimes joins me, when he hasn't fallen asleep on the couch from exhaustion!

Comment

DS sleeps in between the two of us.

Comment

Baby and I sleep on the hide-a-bed in the living room and hubby is in the bedroom. Usually we fall asleep with my son on my chest and then during the night I lay him next to me. We are currently searching for a cheap king sized mattress to throw on the floor so we can all share a bed and then baby will sleep between me and the wall. Hope it is soon, I miss the in bed last conversation of the day.

Comment

Right now, our girls have their own room with bunkbeds, but the boys are in with us. We have a queen bed and dh built a frame that the crib mattress can go on and still be the same height as our bed that our almost 4 year old sleeps on. Our almost 2 year old sleeps between dh and I. I'm due with baby #5 in a month and a half, so that is going to change. We do have an extra bed set up in our spare bedroom that will come into use then for one of us.

Comment

DS (2 yrs. 8 mos) sleeps between mommy and daddy in our queen size bed. (We dream of a california king!). Our son sleeps through the night (finally!) and we can all peacefully sleep together. When he was younger and woke to nurse every couple of hours, DH slept in the guest bed in another room so he got a solid night sleep for work. Once DS nightweaned (several months ago) we put a twin matress next to our queen in hopes that he'd sleep there. (We did this in preparation for baby #2 due in early Feb.) Well, DS would move from the twin and snuggle between mommy and daddy in the middle of the night, so we gave up. The dog now sleeps on the twin matress. (Hey, he loves co-sleeping, too, and I guess his dog bed at the foot of the bed was just too far away!) Anyway, I'm not sure what we'll do when the new baby comes. Anyone have advice for that?

Comment

Between mama and daddy in our queen size bed... and the 3 year old often joins us, and squeezes in anywhere she can...

Comment

Originally posted by runrebeccaray View Post
                      DS (2 yrs. 8 mos) sleeps between mommy and daddy in our queen size bed. (We dream of a california king!). Our son sleeps through the night (finally!) and we can all peacefully sleep together. When he was younger and woke to nurse every couple of hours, DH slept in the guest bed in another room so he got a solid night sleep for work. Once DS nightweaned (several months ago) we put a twin matress next to our queen in hopes that he'd sleep there. (We did this in preparation for baby #2 due in early Feb.) Well, DS would move from the twin and snuggle between mommy and daddy in the middle of the night, so we gave up. The dog now sleeps on the twin matress. (Hey, he loves co-sleeping, too, and I guess his dog bed at the foot of the bed was just too far away!) Anyway, I'm not sure what we'll do when the new baby comes. Anyone have advice for that?
                      older child between you and dh and then baby between you and wall is safest. you could use the twin mattress for the baby, too. when we first brought home ds2, we slept w/our queen and the guest room full on the floor, but we all turned sideways so that the crack ran across our knees. this gave us plenty of room. your dog would even fit!

Comment

We have a full size bed which I never thought would become a family bed but we sleep: daddy on the outside with weenie dog right behind his knees and mommy in the middle with baby girl between mommy and the wall. I will switch places with her at some point throughout the night and the weenie dog will find his way to snuggle up against me. I'm snuggling three other bodies in a full size bed and well I am sometimes thankful that my fiance sleeps offshore half of the time (he's in the oilfield).

Comment

Working...
                        X