X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The joys of night time feeding...

So, I just discovered the absolute wonderfulness of lay down nursing!!!! My daughter co-sleeps with us in the bassinet (it folds down and comes right at the mattress level) and when she needed fed, I would sit up, get the boppy (which I still say is one of my best investments!), feed her, and then lay back down with her. Well, one night it just kind of finally clicked. Instead of sitting up, I just stayed laying down and nursed her. She is 10 weeks old, we've been doing this now for over one week and I can't believe it took me that long to figure out! <sigh>

I just wanted to share my happiness.

Yeah! Its a wonderful feeling to lay down and feed the baby.. Have you fallen asleep while nursing yet?

Comment

Good for you!!!

you'll really appreciate it when you come home and you are tired, you only need to lie down a bit and the baby needs nursing...simultaneous naps for mom and baby is my favorite!!!!

Comment

Yes, I have fallen asleep while nursing and love it! My favorite part is that now my husband doesn't even have a clue that the baby is waking up to eat, so he's sleeping better too! It's win-win all around!!!! My SIL laughed at me when I called to tell her how excited I was (she thought I knew about it).

Comment

restful nights happy days

it was like such an epiphany when i figured this out too-
          it was kind of my AP realization, when i finally gave into
          my maternal inclinations and scoffed at the expectations of
          others for me to create space between myself and my child.

I already nursed, wore him, and never put him down...

Ive also noticed that it leads to less time spent during the day
          feeding him since he has already had a lot of his daily milk during
          the wee hours of the morning.Then we don't have to give him his
          meal feeding till later in the morning which helps me get things done while
          the light is still low and the day is still cool.
          Wearing my baby and bringing him to me at night has improved my enjoyment and the ease of being a new mommy tenfold.

Comment

glad you finall discovered how to nurse lying down. now you will enjoy one of the little-known benefits of breastfeeding: getting more sleep!

Comment

Yeah! I know how wonderful that is! It took my husband and I a while to get our son in the right position to make laying down to nurse work, and now that our son is over 25 months old... it's just such a blessing when we lay down to nurse at naps or at bedtime.

Have you tried nursing while standing up? To me, this was fun accomplishment number two of nursing (after the laying down one, of course). I was so excited that it was one of the ways I could mother our son while standing (the sling helped too when he was little). But now that he's older and say if we're in a public restroom or somewhere where I don't want him to touch anything, I LOVE that we can nurse with me holding him still in the cradle position (if he's not being squirmy) while standing up!

Comment

Originally posted by dooo View Post
                Good for you!!!

you'll really appreciate it when you come home and you are tired, you only need to lie down a bit and the baby needs nursing...simultaneous naps for mom and baby is my favorite!!!!
                mine too! Anytime I get to nap I try to full advantage.

Comment

My daughter and I love this position too! I get some sleep at night! It was hard when she was newborn, because she couldn't latch herself on, but now she is 8 mnths and can latch on herself, it is even easier.
                  I started doing this when she was about a week old, because I had a very badly cracked nipple and it was the only way I could feed without dying of pain.

Comment

Working...
                  X