Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does baby wear to bed?

I'm curious what other co-sleeping babies wear to bed. I responded on another forum that my DD wears just a nappy, she is usually if anything a tad too warm while next to me nursing all night, we have a light blanket on us both, tummy to tummy.

I seemed to have shocked them

Also while your at it, what do you dress baby in while nursing? While home we just us nappy + socks + blanket as we're skin to skin most of the time and she seemed too warm with clothes on, sometimes we do trousers when it's cooler

That sounds pretty similar to what we do. I dress my baby similarly to how I dress, as he heats me up too.
    I think a lot of people get really fixated on hot and cold for babies... I know its important to be sensitive to it, but not obsessively consumed over the fact.

My husband and his family are always very concerned if my 4yr old son has pants on and its hot outside. I mean really worried with constant comments and knitted brows until I go get them. I think they imagine him melting into nothing... and no we don't live in a dessert and they weren’t going on a hike in the sun!

Anyway, if anything I think people overdress their babies out of concern that they will be cold... but next to a person they will get PLENTY of heat.

Comment

i usually kept my babies dressed warmly, but we have an old, drafty home. plus, i'm ALWAYS cold, no matter the weather, so i probably project that onto my kids. that being said, i listen to my baby for cues. if they're cold, they'll fuss, same if they're hot, and then dress/undress accordingly. if your baby's content, then she's dressed right!

Comment

Ours is weather related, but even the first two years always just a nappy and me in my underclothes, which he calls my nappy. Body heat is more than enough for the two of us.
        Cosleeping babies need less than babies who do not, hmm save money while cosleeping.
        No extra bed, sheets & linens, pajamas, no extra laundry...

Comment

Our youngest sleeps in footie (that doesn't look right) pajamas. I like to wrap myself up in the covers and we keep the house chilly at night during the fall/winter. During the summer, she will sleep in a onesie. We've changed clothing in the middle of the night a few times because she has felt too warm/cold.

Comment

My little one wears just a diaper. Sometimes a tshirt and diaper. He doesn't really like to snuggle. He's more of a space grabber. He spreads out his arms and legs and sleeps that way.

Comment

In the summer, a onesie and diaper. In the winter, a one piece long sleeve and pant sleeper with diaper. Liam runs very warm and never wanted a blanket until 2 years. Seamus runs cooler and likes sleeping with a blanket.

Comment

I need a cool room to sleep. In summer, kiddo wears a light set of pajamas, but not shortie pajamas. In winter, he wears a fleece footed pajama set. I might double up when it gets colder.

Last year, he'd wear a blanket up to his waist or a sleep sack. This year, he won't wear anything like that and will wake up screaming if a blanket is over his feet. He'll wear footed jammies, but doesn't always like them. And forget socks.

It's chilly in our room tonight. I'm about to put on an extra flannel shirt. It's not silk long johns season yet, though.

Comment

Grobag/sleepsac

Chilly now in the UK. 6 month old wears Grobag/sleepsac. I wear tracksuit bottoms and sometimes cotton rollneck to keep warm. Thinking about buying sheets and blankets so we can huddle together in the winter as I only have duvets in the house. Baby likes her own space in different positions stretching out starshaped or with her back to me curled up. Just the two of us in a double mattress on the floor.

Comment

For us, it depends on the weather. If it is warm, then our son (26 months old and when he was younger) sleeps in a t-shirt and cloth diaper. If it is cold, then he wears two piece long sleeve pajamas without feet (socks maybe if it is really cold). I like to put him in clothes during the winter that can be easily removed even while he is asleep in case if I think he is getting too hot. During the warmer weather, we use a sheet and sometimes light blanket. During the winter, again I cover us with layers that can be easily removed (sheet, followed by light blanket, followed by warmer blanket).

Comment

During the summer when it was hot she was naked. However now that it's a lot cooler and the house we've rented has NO insulation she wears a sleeper to bed, with no onsie underneath. She feels comfortable not to hot but not to cold either

Comment

Originally posted by smurfsammy View Post
                        During the summer when it was hot she was naked.
                        man, if we tried leaving our DS (born October 22, 2008) naked he would write his name on our blankets, bed, and pillows (very talented boy ). My son takes after me so the least amount of clothes and blankets is the best. However, our landlord has yet to turn on the heat so my DS is sleeping with a onesie, pants and socks as well as in between my hubby and I. We also had to purchase an electric heater to keep our bedroom warm (landlord pays electricity so its all good). I try not to venture around the house too much because its pretty cold there (perfect for me, but not for a newborn).

When he was just born he tended to overheat A LOT so he would only sleep with a cloth diaper and nothing else.

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone has a great way to check if they are hot or cold? I've never been a good judge because I'm always cold (especially now that we're cosleeping and I don't get to cuddle with DH as much).

DS sleeps in a footie pj and we swaddle him with no extra blankets on - maybe he is getting too hot?

I usually just feel around his neck/ears and feel his legs/feet to make sure he doesn't feel too warm but I'm never sure. Wow - does that make me a bad mom - not to know that????

Comment

no, that doesn't make you a bad mom sometimes it just takes time to learn your baby's cues. w/mine, they would sweat if they were hot and fuss if they were cold.

Comment

Working...
                            X