Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• human soother

My lo has developed a new bad habit. She wants to use me as a soother all the time in the night. Now don't get me wrong i have no issue nursing her periodically throughout the night. However often times she is latching with no purpose for nurishment. I will try to give her a soother instead and she will twist her head from side to side and clamp her mouth shut and start to cry. Only when i offer my breast will she settle, but she is not eating mearly suckeling. i am unsure of why she is waking. Whether it's to reconnect or for mearly comfort. I am unsure whether to allow her as this will pass or to continue to try and discourage this behaviour. Any suggestions mamas?

Originally posted by smurfsammy View Post
    . i am unsure of why she is waking. Whether it's to reconnect or for mearly comfort. I am unsure whether to allow her as this will pass or to continue to try and discourage this behaviour. Any suggestions mamas?

nak....

its probably to reconnect and comfort. if you can, i'd just allow it. it will pass and seems very common for that age. hang in there!

Comment

she's at 6 mos, so it could be a growth spurt. it could also be teething if she's not really drinking all that much. the sucking really helps w/tooth/gum pain.

Comment

new bad habit. She wants to use me as a soother
        Mommy is the best soother ever existed and your baby is so young. You may be finding this tiresome -as I did at this stage of the game also- but in a lot of these sudden extra demands of our nipples and sleep... this to shall soon pass.
        Denying her that would be very difficult on your part and stressful to the baby so why not just wait it out untill she is in a better place to accept non-nursing soothing at night.
        You can do it...... Don't worry it won't ALWAYS be like that.

Comment

Working...
        X