Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sling/Carrier for wearing down 5 month old

I have a Moby Wrap, which I love, and a ringsling, which I hate. More the material than anything but here lies the problem:

DS loves to be put to sleep dancing to music - we hold him in a nursing position - tummy to tummy in a cradle hold. He is getting very heavy now when he wakes at 2 am and we have to put him back to sleep. Sometimes it takes an hour or more.....
    When he was young I used a hotslings pouch but he's outgrown it and I never loved it anyway.

During the day I will use Moby in a front cross carry or fwcc usually but he will only sleep upright for short periods and it's hard to get him out of that hold without waking him

So - which carrier did you find helpful for wearing down and using what holds?

Thanks for any input!

I love SSCs (soft structured carriers) for getting ds to sleep. I have an Ergo and an AngelPack LX and it got much easier when ds was around 5 months and I started carrying him spread-legged, upright in an SSC. He objects at first but settles once I'm walking around.

A ring sling is another option, but imo there is a bigger learning curve. ds also protested having his head in the sling in a cradle hold at that age. I used to do a modified cradle, letting the sling support his weight but allowing him to keep his head out and look around. This wasn't a hands-free solution but did allow me to have one hand free and made it easier to carry him for longer periods.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Joy

Comment

If your baby likes being in a wrap like the moby but needs more support (I know they say it holds till 35lbs but after 20 we were done!) you might try a stronger woven wrap like a Hoppediz or Didymos or something,they would be able to be worn like a Moby but are made of non stretchy material that would offer more support!!

Comment

Originally posted by HeatherM View Post
        you might try a stronger woven wrap like a Hoppediz or Didymos or something,they would be able to be worn like a Moby but are made of non stretchy material that would offer more support!!
        Well thanks everyone for all the responses!!! We have come up with two solutions - I ordered a Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch from ebay - they are very stretchy so I think I should be able to do cradle/nursing position very easily still with DS and dh is getting me a new woven wrap for Christmas!!! I am keeping my eyes open for a Girasol but am on the lookout for others as well. Going to try and get a used one but they are hard to find.....

Comment

Working...
        X