Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you reccomend your guardrails pls : )

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you reccomend your guardrails pls : )

Hi-- I need to buy some mesh guardrails for our Eastern King bed. Can anyone give me a good idea where to get some qulaity ones that aren't too pricey. Thank you for the help

we only have a queen, but we just bought the generic one at babies r us. it's worked well.

Comment

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2552662

Love these bedrails. We have them for our king-size bed and one for grandma's.

Comment

I got this one from Sears - I love that it goes over top the mattress - but I dislike that the horizontal bars are metal. (The ones under the fabric)

http://tinyurl.com/69yt9h

Comment

We skipped purchasing side rails and have placed a bolster pillows under our fitted sheet. It works very very well - there are no places for little arms or legs to get stuck, easy to slip out in the morning so I can make our bed, and we used living room couch pillows, so the price was right. You can also roll a blanket and put that under the fitted sheet - it will be the same length as the bed if you have a wild sleeper. We did this starting when Sam was just a few months and now he is 2 3/4.

Comment

Originally posted by jrflutist View Post
            We skipped purchasing side rails and have placed a bolster pillows under our fitted sheet. It works very very well - there are no places for little arms or legs to get stuck, easy to slip out in the morning so I can make our bed, and we used living room couch pillows, so the price was right. You can also roll a blanket and put that under the fitted sheet - it will be the same length as the bed if you have a wild sleeper. We did this starting when Sam was just a few months and now he is 2 3/4.
            that sounds like a great idea! does it stay secure? do you have to have very tight fitted sheets?

Comment

Somehow the physics of it make it very secure. I think when you roll up against the pillow, the sheet actually pulls the pillow toward you making the whole thing tighter (?). We have jersey knit sheets, so they are stretchy. When you have a chance, slip a pillow under your sheet and roll around on the bed yourself to see what you think. You can also put the pillow on the edge of the bed, or closer toward the middle depending on how much room your baby wants/needs. Sam needed to be closed in a bit when he was itty bitty, but now I put it at the very edge so we can move around more.
              Last edited by jrflutist; 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

it probably greatly cuts your mattress width down, though, huh? i wonder if it would still allow for dh!

Comment

It does eat up some of the bed. DH sleeps on the couch - he doesn't like our mattress, he snores and is insomniac. Maybe a rolled up blanket wouldn't be as bulky.

Comment

Working...
                  X