I have an 8 month old baby girl, fully breastfed (just tastes of food recently) who also has a severe cows milk protein allergy, and possibly other allergies. She has had blood in her poops 1-3 times a week since she was 2 months old or so, and constant vomiting (occasional projectile) We've been to a specialist who did tons of tests and is really sure this is cows milk protein allergy (through my milk of course) so i have been on a milk-free diet since she was about 3 months old. Of course there has been a couple of times where i ate something and later found out it maybe had traces of milk, but otherwise i've been totally milk free.
She finally stopped vomiting about a month ago, and we decided to try giving her some Nutrimagen, but she reacted to that (started vomiting again), so we tried Neocate, and that seems to be fine.
Her poop tests have shown lots of inflammation, but she has gained weight really well and is otherwise happy and healthy.
Because she still has inflammation, i am deciding to wean her over to Neocate. She has fully breastfed for 8 months, and i am really happy and proud of that. But we really will not be able to get her gut healed up until we know exactly what else she may be reacting to, and that is just so much easier when its not dependent on what i am eating. I work full time (went back to work when she was 4 months), and she is home with her dad while i am at work. Because it can take many weeks to show improvement in her gut when i remove things from my diet, i feel it would be almost impossible to figure stuff out with an elimination diet etc. I tried cutting gluten etc out of my diet as well but it did not help.
Now my biggest worry is how i am going to stop her from feeding at night since we cosleep. She obviously uses my breast for comfort, not just for food, and has recently started refusing a soother.
Any tips to how we can do this with the least traumatic effects for her would be much appreciated!