Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-sleeping with 2 1/2 year old but new baby's coming

I am sooooooooo happy I just found this board! I have been co-sleeping with my 2 1/2 year old son since he was 10 months old. I start in my own bed and Sean in his until he wakes around 11:30 at which time I go sleep with him in his bed because DH has a hard time sleeping with him and I don't. It has worked really really well and he is waking less and less during the night. The problem is that we are expecting a baby this August. Sean will be three by then and I'm just at a loss as to how to handle this.

I was wondering what your experiences have been and if you have any suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

congrats! my recommendation would be a large mattress, queen or full on the floor for you and children, with you sleeping in the middle.

Comment

Well, I can can tell you what we are doing. My son is 3, and we're expecting number two in early May. We have a King mattress and DS sleeps between DH and I. I got a Humanity Bed, which is like a bed roll for the edge, will put baby next to that, then me, DS and then DH. If DH feels he's not getting good sleep, he'll temporaily move to a very comfy queen in the next room. (He gets up at 4:00 am for work so sleep is a biggie). DS will be welcome to go with him if that is where he wants to sleep. Good luck and Congratulations!

Comment

Sean's Mommy....
        You could do the same with the new baby.

You and new baby fall asleep in your bed, Sean in his (just like now almost)
        and then when he wakes up, take baby and go to Sean's bed. Then you in middle between the children. Make sure that it is big enough for all of you-like a queen. When your baby is older and you feel like you can leave him with daddy that is an option. You may also encourage dad to go to Sean's bed if he needs someone.

Our son comes over to our bed, but I definitely seen the positives to you going to his.

My biggest recommendation is wait to see how everyone is doing and make adjustments accordingly. Don't assume it will or will not work one or another. Just watch everyone's cues and needs (yours too!)

Comment

Working...
        X