Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-sleeping question

Z is 6 months old and starting to move (inching, rolling around, etc.) She no longer fits in her ********** (she is to long). My DH and I are scared to leave her alone in our bed for fear that she will fall off. DH wants us to put her in her crib because it is safer. What did you do when your little ones were at this stage? How did you keep co-sleeping?

we put our mattress on the floor and pushed it into a corner so the top and side were against the walls. babies then slept between me and the wall. if we left them alone on the mattress, we put pillows all around the edge of the bed in case they rolled off (which i dont' think ever happened).

Comment

Yes, that is what we did too. Some people do not want to change the design of their bedroom but that is really the safest option. You could have a futon on the floor for sleeping when she is in bed alone, but then push it under the bed during the day so your bedroom still looks regular.

Comment

We were concerned about this too. We lowered our bed and followed the guidelines in the Co-sleeping Guide. What I found that worked best was a bed rail on one side (mine) and my maternity worm-like pillow on the other. When we went to my sister's house, we would put Q on her bed and create a barrier with pillows and rolled up blankets. He would stop when he rolled into something that didn't budge at first contact.
        You'll see what works best for your little one. Just try some things that you are comfortable with and go from there. Believe me it took us a few tries to create the best setup to put our minds at ease.

Comment

We roll up a towel and push it under the sheet at the edge of the bed. It doesn't roll off if dd bumps into it and keeps her firmly on the bed. We also have the mattress on the floor.

Comment

We used co-sleeping bed for our baby. A co-sleeping bed has railing on each side so the baby does not fall down from the bed.

Comment

Our baby was also rolling all over the bed so even we did same thing. We used to put a pillows under the sheet at all edges of the bed, so that if baby rolled off in sleep she will not fall.

Comment

Working...
              X