Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 8 y/o is back

in our bed..not sure why..he went to his own bed on his own last year but he is back as of this past week.
    I am guessing I need to give him more Mamma time. This is the way he knows he can get it.
    OK glad I have this forum to type this and make my mamma mush brain kick in

Just moving this over to Childhood

Comment

LOL that is what I get for posting so early in the morning...thanks Giselle

Comment

I hear you!

Both my 8 and 6 year old chose to move from our bed to a bed in our room, then they chose to move from our bedroom to their own room and has been there ever since. I too notice when things are busy in our life or when my child(s) is going through some sort of growth - physically, emotionally, speech-wise, etc there is a return to our room. I know for me, I like the comfort, safety and security of being surrounded by my family. I realized why would night be any different?

I think your right, its a way to reconnect. You seem in tune with your childs needs, is it hard having your big boy in bed with you?

Our older children start out the night in their own room. We have always allowed them to come back to our room during the night, whenever they need to. We decided as a family having big kids in our bed would be uncomfortable for us all (no one got any sleep with the nightime gymnastics routine), and dangerous for the baby and toddler, so we keep 2 spare sleeping bags in our closet and our kids know to just pull them out and set up camp on the floor. Its no big deal. No one else is disturbed, they come for a night or a week, then leave when they feel better. This has worked well for our family and meets our kids need to connect and feel secure and our needs for rest and peace.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by apimarianne View Post
          I know for me, I like the comfort, safety and security of being surrounded by my family. I realized why would night be any different?
          you are exactly right!
          I think your right, its a way to reconnect. You seem in tune with your childs needs, is it hard having your big boy in bed with you?
          nope..we have two full beds pushed together anyway as my 3.5 year old sleeps with us still.

so we keep 2 spare sleeping bags in our closet and our kids know to just pull them out and set up camp on the floor.

Best of luck!
          Oh! I like this idea though even though we have room in bed...save for the knee in the stomach in the middle of the night
          thanks so much!

Comment

Over the last six to eight months my 6.5 year old is in our bed a few nights a week. The other nights he is on a mat in the living room and hubby is on the couch. Our daughter was in her room for about 6-8 months and started back into our room about the same time. She now has a toddler bed in our room as she wanted to be near us but didn't want us in the bed. Kinda hard when there is nowhere else for an adult to sleep in there hehe.

I like the idea of sleeping bags, think I'm going to do that for my son. I'm a light sleeper and he runs his feet up and down my legs in his sleep and although I love him that really, really makes for a long night for me hehe. He does it in his sleep. LOL

Comment

i've often left my own bed to go sleep w/my ds. what does that say about me?

Comment

"i've often left my own bed to go sleep w/my ds. what does that say about me?"

that we are all human, no matter what age and we have the basic need for connection, love, safety and security!

Comment

"i've often left my own bed to go sleep w/my ds. what does that say about me?"

that we are all human, no matter what age and we have the basic need for connection, love, safety and security!
                  Here! Here!
                  <clapping>

Comment

Working...
                  X