Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news story about co-sleeping

I don't know whether this is the appropriate place to post this or not, but just wanted to vent briefly about a terrible story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune yesterday about "co-sleeping." I put co-sleeping in quotes because the story was actually a sensational story about the "20 deaths/year" that occur in MN due to "co-sleeping", but everything that was described was actually the result of a caregiver drinking or doing drugs and falling asleep on top of their baby. I was appalled that they didn't do anything to clarify that there's a difference between the very safety-conscious intentional use of co-sleeping and the negligence of just happening to fall asleep on your baby. I'm still pretty new to this forum, but wonder if API has an advocacy or media arm that responds to inaccurate and inflammatory news stories?

In any case, thanks for letting me vent!

our API HQ is aware of this news story. we have put together a Safe Sleep Campaign which can be located here. there's some really great info about how to promote safe sleep within your community as well as resources to share with friends/family.

Comment

great resources

Thanks for the reply--glad to know the headquarters was already aware of the story, and more glad to know of the campaign! I just looked at the materials and they're wonderful. I'll try to do my little piece for sharing the info.

Comment

Working...
      X