First post so please be gentle...
We are the proud parents of a beautiful soon to be 15 month old girl.
From day one - until she outgrew it - she has slept in a mini-********* next to us very well every night.
We have since been migrating her little by little to her own room / crib. She takes her naps there with no issues.
Getting her to sleep at night has not been an issue, unless you think helping her to get to sleep is an issue (I know some people do - not us). We have a routine and generally hold her to sleep in her room with light background music. Once asleep, we put her in her crib.
About 25% of the time (about 5 months ago) she slept almost the entire night through on her own. The other 75% we'd bring her in our bed at about 3/4:00 a.m. until we awoke around 7:30 a.m.
We thought we were moving towards her sleeping the entire night in her own crib until about 3 months ago where now almost nightly she awakens anywhere from midnight until 3:30 a.m. and can't get back to sleep.
We bring her into our bed and almost instantly she falls back to sleep. If we bring her back to her crib she doesn't last long until we redo the process again... In order to allow all of us to sleep well, we just continue to bed share.
It's not that we don't like it, it's more our preference to begin the transition to 100% in her own crib. We don't argue over it and I have convinced my wife that - from all the AP type readings I've done - bed sharing is not bad for her and in fact does help her.
Any other similar experiences? Should we just continue the pattern and let her tell us when she's ready to do the 100% of the night in her crib?