Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and desperate!

Hi and thank you so much for reading this. I just found this site and it has been such a Godsend.

I have 10 month old boy/girl twins. I didn't really know what attachment parenting was but it turns out that it was what my husband and I had been doing, mostly because it felt right.

Things are busy busy busy but sleeping has become such a huge thing. The twins have been sleeping with us since they were about 2 weeks old, mostly because initially it was just so much easier than having to get up (they also never liked cribs). I am still breastfeeding them and my son nurses up to 5 times a night, my daughter nurses every hour, but will also usually only sleep with me as her pacifier. Getting them to sleep (for 2 naps and for the night) involves nursing, rocking, walking, patting and shushing - I don't mind doing that stuff but lately it's taking longer and as soon as one's down, there is the other! I usually put my son to sleep, transfer him to our bed then put my daughter to sleep - she will only sleep if she is held. I would never let them cry.

Aside from feedings at night they are both very restless sleepers and require so much soothing, patting, etc. all night. My husband spends hours rocking and walking. I haven't slept more than 1 hour at a time in 10 months. I read the No-cry Sleep Solution but am too exhausted to implement the suggestions. The nights pass in a (long) blur. I am so so tired.

I don't know what to do or even if there is anything to do. I guess I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions (or can tell me it gets better!)

Thank you so much for reading this - it feels so good to know there are other parents out there with the same ideas.

WOW! 10 months of that, with twins? The only thing I can think of is this... what if your husband sleeps with one baby in one room, and you in the other with the other twin for a week, then switch? Obviously, your babies are nursing for comfort. Perhaps one week of only daddy to comfort them (unless, of course, it gets too upsetting for daddy or child) will break that habit and foster new methods for soothing. Work it out with one baby and then move that one into your bed, and the other baby out with dad for the same?

You must be exhausted, and most important is a rested mommy. It doesn't sound like 'everyone is sleeping where they sleep best" and that's why I'm making the suggestion I am. I'm sure you will get many other suggestions...

Comment

Mix it up try some new things.....It may not work right away but do a little at first then do the old stuff. Next night do more of the new thing.

Maybe take a walk with them in a double stroller to fall asleep?

I have never even had two kids that nap at the same time ( when I had my second my first wasn't taking naps anymore!) WE need to pull some twin Mama's and Daddies in here.

http://www.attachmentparenting.org/f...ead.php?t=4176
      http://attachmentparenting.org/blog/...ng-with-twins/
      http://www.attachmentparenting.org/f...ead.php?p=2250

Comment

Working...
      X