Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night weaning

Shae (13.5 months) and I are night weaning. I am NOT nursing her between 11 and 6am, as I'm exhausted and starting to resent it. Last night was night two. She was awake and whining (not crying) from 3 until 5am... the night before the same but from 130 to 330... For all of you that enforced a night weaning lately, in general, how long before she stops trying for 2 hours to get me to pull my boob out????????????????? I'm super tired and frustrated. She's not starving, as both nights she nursed at 5 pm and 10pm (I have never nursed her to sleep, so it's not a sleep association as far as I know).

We cosleep and I have no desire to change that, but I'm a single parent and back to work, and the night time nursing is really affecting my daytime parenting...

So how many days have you been trying to night wean? Sound like maybe two nights? It took me a good two weeks to feel that it really 'took' totally. Please be relaxed about your approach. I found the more aggitated I acted the more desperate the night weaning child found the process.
    This Kellymom link is also pretty helpful-
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning-night.html

I nightweaned my second at around this time and did have to delay another week when it just seemed like it was not going well (he was finshing getting a tooth!) Of course that was bothersome but after the 'window' opened up it was much easier.
    Keep that chin up, it will happen in good time

Comment

Working...
    X