Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somone please respond to my post?-2 down

It seems like when I write a long post no one responds-when I write a shorter one- I get lots of questions asking for more info. what gives??

I am asking about how to help my 24 mo.old fall asleep when nursing isn't doing the trick that night. usually my husband will walk him,but at 30lbs.that needs to ends. We would like to lay don with him in the bed but he just fidgits and crawls around- not fussing but it's like he doesn't know what to do- which I'm sure he doesn't since I've nursed him to sleep since birth.

My original post is 2 down from this one.
    Thank you

It may be that it is easier to do a quick read/post then a longer one because we are all busy! That is just a theory of course but unless the kids are in bed or napping I don't get a chance to read and give a long thoughtful answer and I think that is better then a quick unthoughtout reply.

We would like to lay don with him in the bed but he just fidgits and crawls around- not fussing but it's like he doesn't know what to do- which I'm sure he doesn't since I've nursed him to sleep since birth.
    I think this is common EVEN if you have not nursed a child to sleep. Please don't blame this behavior just on that. My husband has been putting down our 2 year old down for bedtime for over 11 months (obviously NOT nursing him to sleep!) and he has those same squirmy times as you describe. He tries to talk him down ("shut your eyes, put your head on the pillow") tell him a story or sing him a song. Your son might respond to a moving nightlight, patting or rubbing or other method of soothing. The nights that we take a short walk after dinner and before bed help with that squirmyness. I know that is not always possible but I think little kids have squirmy limbs sometimes just because of the growing and the energy they have all stored up so if you can exercise, warm bathe or massage their limbs that might help. My oldest would be energized by baths so remember that your kid may have something that helps him that may not help other kids and vice versa. If what you are doing now is not working try something different...and some days he will be squirmy anyway no matter what you do. Don't get discouraged!
    Think creatively!

Comment

Working...
    X