X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 year old waking at 4am every morning

Help! My 2 year old wakes at every morning between 4 and 4:30am. It doesn't matter what time she falls asleep in the evening or how often she wakes during the night to nurse. I'm suffering from severe sleep deprivation. She will nap during the day and I have tried limiting her nap to an hour but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Putting her to bed earlier or later makes no difference either. When she wakes up, sometimes, she will feed, but she will not go back to sleep. I've tried offering her some food thinking that she may be hungry but she's not interested in breakfast. I've spoken to her about it being too early to get up/ still nighttime etc, but she is very insistent that it is morning for her.
    This has been going on for weeks now and I'm struggling. I work in the afternoons/evenings and so don't really have the option of going to sleep with her during naptime.
    Is this common? Is there some way to get her to understand that it really is too early to wake up?

can you still stay in bed while she sleeps? have a few small, quiet toys that are in the room with you, lock the door or put a gate up and get some extra sleep in while she plays. she may discover that there's really nothing to do at 4am and crawl back in bed with you.

Comment

Working...
    X