Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 y.o. up for hours every night! Help!

I'm posting this for a friend to see what further advice could be offered her. Here's her story:

Dd (almost 2 years old) is repeatedly up for 2 to 4 hours at night. She has been going to bed in her own bed, and then coming into ours at first waking. The last few nights it has seemed like she fights sleep, and then in the middle of the night she wants to sleep, lies down with me and nurses for 20 minutes then gets frustrated and starts walking around and crying and asking me to open the door over and over. This happened 3 times between midnight and 3 a.m. last night before she fell asleep, and then she woke again at 5. There does not seem to be any real difference between when she sleeps with us and when she sleeps alone. Dh is really not handling this well...says that nothing will work and he wants to take her to a child psychiatrist. I wish I knew what is causing this!
    Any and all advice appreciated!

I gave her as many suggestions as I could think of, but I would love to hear your experiences and see if there's something else for her to try!

TIA!
Working...
X