X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Terrors

So, we've had 3 episodes now. Ds is 17 mo and has always been a horrible sleeper. Last night he screamed for 30 minutes, two nights before it was only 20, and last month I honestly don't remember because I was so freaked out by the whole thing and didn't know what was going on - seemed like eternity.
    I sleep in the boys' room with them (also have a 4yo) and we actually have a nice routine for the older boy, but my toddler just won't play along - he uses all the tricks in the book to keep himself awake. He wakes 3-4 times per night, sometimes wanting to play in the wee hours and takes up to 3 hours to fall back asleep. He naps once for 60-90 minutes in the afternoon - and he goes down easy for his nap. Aarghh.
    Any tips, suggestions, or reassurances that it won't happen again (right) would be greatly appreciated!

my oldest had night terrors for a while, it's hard for me to remember because it's been many years, but he would wake up and just scream for a while. all i could do was just rub his back and sing to him. i can't remember how old he was, i'm thinking around 2 1/2. they lasted some time but he eventually out grew them. talk to your pediatrician or you may want to consult a homeopathic doctor in your area. i found a homeopathic remedy called Aconite that helped. i'd give it to him when he woke up screaming and it would shorten the episodes. hang in there! it's so frustrating and sad when your child is terrifyingly upset and nothing you do helps.

Comment

I don't know if my daughter (2) has terrors, but I know she has nightmares and temper tantrums in her sleep too! I don't know many other kids who have this at this age and younger, so I feel very unique in this. She's always been a poor sleeper and I sleep with her after the first time she wakes up. I still nurse her in the night too.

Comment

Working...
      X