Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gastroesophageal reflux (GER)

Hello Mommies!

Anyone have experience with GER reflux with their babies? My friend is having issues for putting baby to sleep and dealing with her discomfort. It was diagnosed as Silent GER, because luckily her little baby doesn't throw up. The big problem is soothing her and helping her get longer hours of sleep.
    She's tried sitting her up for 1/2 hour after feedings, and keeping her bed tilted, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Karla

Hi, Karla. I had to write, even though it's been a while since you posted. My little baby girl had reflux when she was first born, and her pediatrician told me to give her Mylanta three times a day . . . I was horrified. I wouldn't take it three times a day myself. She had a hard time sleeping on her back and woke frequently, had a hard time riding in her carseat, etc. etc.

I found kind of a miracle treatment that I wanted to share if your friend still needs it. It was a homeopathic treatment called Nat Phos 6x (Hylands makes it: http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-10-Nat-Phos-6X), and I basically dissolved 1 or 2 tablets in water and fed them to her.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that literally within the first dose, things started changing. So much so, that this remedy has become a staple in our house for heartburn for ourselves. It was that good. When I started seeing a homeopath for my daughter, she couldn't believe that I had found that for her and was very supportive that that was a great remedy for that condition.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm much too late to help, but if I'm not, I hope this works as wonderfully for your friend as it did for us. We actually stopped using it around four months, because she didn't need it anymore.

Good luck, and I hope it works!
    Corinne

Comment

My son had this. We co-sleep, so didn't want to put him in a car seat or other suggestions from the pediatrician.

He spent a lot of time sleeping on my husband's chest (with my DH propped up with a couple pillows). During the day, he would nap on my chest. I know they say "put your baby on his back", but he was so ill from it and would wake choking on the reflux that it seemed dangerous to put him on his back.

This was the best solution; around 6 months, he started to sleep on his side and sometimes his belly; only after he weaned (12 mos) was he comfortable on his back.

PS: He's 18 months now and still loves to doze off on me or my husband's chest.

Comment

Working...
      X