X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of the crib!!

We slept with our first two babes for about a year each before transitioning them into a crib but they both went into twin beds soon after because it was easier for me to nurse them or for us to lay down with them to go to sleep. Our ds is now sleeping with us at almost one & I have no desire to move him anywhere! I've been petitioning dh to get rid of the crib (and other baby furniture) because it's taking up a whole room that I'd rather use as an office or sewing space....and I finally won him over. Woo hoo! Since joining our local API group, dh has become more involved in our parenting decisions & even attends the meetings (because we host them...tricky of me, eh?). I think he's finally realizing the benefits of co-sleeping has even been more vocal about it with his collegues.

I just wanted to share my "victory." I look forward to continuing our parenting journey...without the crib!!

that's awesome! our crib is still taking up space in a spare closet, but it converts to a full-size bed, so i'm actually hoping to one day get some use out of it and kudos to you for being persistent w/dh. it's so lovely when we are understood by our SOs.

Comment

Goodbye Crib!

May you have a safe journey

And wooohooo for your victory

Comment

It must feel great to be on the same parenting page as your husband!

Our crib served as a jail for the multitude of stufed animals our children had and as a dresser to house our clean laundry. After our 2nd, we took it down and gave it away.

Comment

That's awesome. Our crib is a great big laundry basket (of clean clothes).

Comment

Ours is also a great basket for clean clothes and we also use it if one of us has to go to the bathroom when the other's not home. Hee!

Congrats!

Edited to say: we aren't going to the bathroom in the crib,hahaha! We put her in it if we need to go to the bathroom. I'm sure you all got that, but I realized the sentence was quite funny!
            Last edited by Bikil; 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by apimarianne View Post

Our crib served as a jail for the multitude of stufed animals our children had ....

us too!!!
              I have the pictures to prove it...LOL

Comment

At this very moment I could take a picture of our cradle (that has sat unused for almost 4 years now) filled with stuffed animals and some winter coats. LOL

Comment

Thats awesome! I can't wait till our API gets up and running so that I can encourage DH to come.

Very sneaky of you!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ewins View Post

Thats awesome! I can't wait till our API gets up and running so that I can encourage DH to come.

Very sneaky of you!!!!!
                    I'm also excited. Just waiting for someone else to start the application process...hint, hint

I have had a crib for all three children and they were all rarely used. I just cannot seem to break free from buying a new one with each pregnancy. DD3 does spend some time in her crib for naps and about an hour a night. She is very restless in bed with us. She doesn't like to cuddle, or have anyone near her. She takes up half of a king size bed!

Comment

Working...
                    X