Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made vs commercial formulas

I've read quite a lot about home made formulas using raw milk. Does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone using them? Are they difficult to make? I have seen a few recipes on mercola.com and it seems a bit involved. I am also concerned that it wont be sterile enough in my kitchen and that my utensils, etc will not be sterile enough. Any insights or thoughts on this?
    thanks

raw milk

Hi -

I saw that no one responded to your question - did you find anything out about what to do? If so, what have you done? What I know about raw milk is that it could be "unsafe" in that the bad bacteria killed during pasteurization may be there. I know there is a growing movement toward raw milk in this country, despite it being illegal to sell and buy, because of the benefits of the good bacteria in the milk that are also killed by pasteurization. I wonder if websites where they are selling raw milk might be able to help you - or at least give you more information about the milk and its properties. Regardless, I'm interested in what you are doing and what you found out. Care to respond?

Heather, mom of Julian, 21 months

Comment

I am neutal about this--and we have already talked about this on another thread.
      If you are looking into making your own I know that the Weston A Price Foundation has the recipies online.

Comment

Originally posted by naomifrederickmd View Post
        I am neutal about this--and we have already talked about this on another thread.
        If you are looking into making your own I know that the Weston A Price Foundation has the recipies online.
        I was just coming on to share the same site..lol..thanks Naomi
        I used raw milk with my daughter.
        No worries of anything in the milk. People have been drinking raw milk for ages.
        She is happy and healthy at 3
        Go to the site I linked above..it has a plethora of info too much to write here and you will find people to buy from in you area.

Comment

We just made the switch to raw milk for my 3 yo ds. My 7 yo dd loves it too. We're of the same opinion as Traci, people have been drinking it for centuries.

Comment

Working...
          X