Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for Dinner?

"What's for Dinner?" threads are always fun - I've seen them on parenting and foodie forums. I thought it'd be fun to have one here - but on this one, we want to know what your toddler is eating!

Last night, we went out for dinner. Kiddo (15 months) had some cottage cheese, a piece of bread (which she calls "breh"), water, and a little bit of ground beef from my plate. And then lots and lots of breastmilk when we got home because I was away from her all day!

Oh fun!

Tonight we are having ground beef with beans dish, rice and corn on the side. Last night she (my 3 yr old) had a mix of snack (veggies, dried fruits, pita, crackers) and chicken. My son is 12 mos, but eats very little compared to my daughter. He'll probably have some ground beef and beans tonight from the dinner.

Comment

What's for Dinner

Fun idea!

Can I lovingly borrow this for the Childhood forum?

Comment

Well, tonight hubby and I will be having a butternut squash, spinach and lentil curry over brown rice...

YUM!

Cora will probably eat mac and cheese with broccoli...She is not very adventurous.

Rachel

Comment

Oh...if only my toddler would eat something (anything) on a regular basis that wasn't a munchkin do-nut! Tonight she had 5 fish sticks, a bite of applesauce and 2 bites of potato and about 15 whole grain gold fish crackers.

I, on the other hand, had bacon carbonara pasta (think cheesy bacon sauce) over yummy Barilla plus pasta w/ mixed veggies. Makes me want seconds just thinking of it!

When do toddlers actually start to eat the food the rest of the family is eating?? I keep waiting for that... I offer every day, but she just smiles and say, "No."

Comment

Originally posted by bluebonnet View Post
            Oh...if only my toddler would eat something (anything) on a regular basis that wasn't a munchkin do-nut! Tonight she had 5 fish sticks, a bite of applesauce and 2 bites of potato and about 15 whole grain gold fish crackers.

I, on the other hand, had bacon carbonara pasta (think cheesy bacon sauce) over yummy Barilla plus pasta w/ mixed veggies. Makes me want seconds just thinking of it!

When do toddlers actually start to eat the food the rest of the family is eating?? I keep waiting for that... I offer every day, but she just smiles and say, "No."
            Hey, that's 5 more fish sticks than mine will eat! LOL G had LOTS of breast milk this evening & not much else since I work on Sundays. But tomorrow, hmm, chicken something. Who knows?

But, I always give him what we're having for dinner. If he eats it, awesome, if not then he has to wait a bit then he can have a snack. I always try to make sure that I make something that he likes (meaning he ate it once before, but that doesn't mean he'll eat it again) so he usually eats a little. But if he doesn't eat much then his snack can be pretty filling. Fruit with some cereal or crackers & cheese & ham etc.

Comment

Yesterday our dinner was pork chops with rice and green beans. Both the children ate a bit of everything. DS preferred the meat, and DD preferred the rice.

Comment

Just keep offering, and one day I am sure she will. Do you make separate food for her? Or do you serve the same dinner to everyone?

Comment

I know that eventually she'll eat food consistently...I'm just curious how long this toddler stages lasts..

We always offer her what we are eating and once she refuses it, then we'll make her something else. Breakfast is usually a hit. She likes a lot of normal breakfast foods. And..I am seeing some progress...she actually ate a tuna sandwhich for lunch yesterday! Yeah!!!!

Comment

I know that eventually she'll eat food consistently...I'm just curious how long this toddler stages lasts..
                    I know what you mean...I think for us, it wasn't until a few months ago that my 3 year old finally started eating really well at meals. But, I'm sure I just jinx it!

Comment

last night we had half of a very large avocado, a organic chicken, sauteed potatoes and onions, and steamed carrots! DD LOVES avocado. And then once we were finished she got her "milks" with mommy

Comment

Last night we went out for Japanese food. Kaylee loved the gyoza and my chicken yaki-udon. She also had a bit of my unagi roll.

She ate a surprisingly large amount last night, but I think she's getting ready to sprout again.

Comment

Oh, now I am really really hungry for Japanese food. Yum!

Comment

tonight we have having rotini bake. it's like lasagna but I use rotini noodles instead. Trevor 2 will eat it all and Rylie 1 will eat the noodles and some veggie chips, she's my picky eater, good thing she still likes breastmilk

Comment

Tonight is turkey tacos w/black beans, and whatever dh added as side dishes. I'm hiding out in the basement while he does dinner and bath.

Comment

Working...
                              X