X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not pumping enough

I bf Z when I am home and pump bottles for her when I am at work. I am starting to worry as the amount that I pump at work is becoming less and less. Today I am not producing enough for tomorrow. What do I do? I can't stand the idea the she is will go hungry while I am at work.

Here's some info from kellymom about pumping. The following link is to a section entitled "I'm not pumping enough milk. What can I do?"

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html

(And three cheers for all that work your doing pumping. Lucky baby Z )

Hope this helps

Comment

How long are you gone and how many times do you pump? Is your commute long enough to pump in the car on the way to and from work? I pump 3 times at work and then in the car and it's been such a great way to get extra pumping sessions in. I have a handsfree bra that I use, you can buy one or make one and then use a cigarette lighter adaptor for your pump if it will take one.

I agree with the pp about kellymom.com. That site has alot of great info about bfing and pumping.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Amy

Comment

Originally posted by connerleesmom View Post
        How long are you gone and how many times do you pump? Is your commute long enough to pump in the car on the way to and from work? I pump 3 times at work and then in the car and it's been such a great way to get extra pumping sessions in. I have a handsfree bra that I use, you can buy one or make one and then use a cigarette lighter adaptor for your pump if it will take one.

I agree with the pp about kellymom.com. That site has alot of great info about bfing and pumping.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Amy
        The things we do for our kids ay

Comment

I work from 8-5 and pump three times during the day. I only live 20 min from work and Z's daycare is on the way, so the car is not an option. I use the handsfree bra at work so that I can work during my pumping sessions (makes the boss less antagonistic towards it). I called a lactation consultant and she reccomended a herbal supplement. Started it last night, we'll see how it works,

Comment

three cheers for you! pumping while away from your baby is SO MUCH WORK!!! Such an awesome mama you are for making this sacrifice for your child. I've read that babies can get way more out of the breast than a pump. Sometimes the filanges on your pump may not be stimulating your milk ducts in the right place. Your body may be settling into the pace your baby nurses and not respond as well to the pump. Definately check out kellymom and also contact a LLL leader in your area. A certified lactation consultant may be able to help you as well. more milk plus, the herbal supplement, may help increase your milk supply. are you still nursing during the night? night nursing will help increase your supply, and your baby will get many calories during the night. you may have mentioned, but how old is your baby? is she ready to start solid food or has she already? your supply might be mimicking her new nursing habits if she is old enough to get some of her calories from solid food. Good luck, mama! way to go!
            --rebecca

Comment

Originally posted by ZMom View Post
              I work from 8-5 and pump three times during the day. I only live 20 min from work and Z's daycare is on the way, so the car is not an option. I use the handsfree bra at work so that I can work during my pumping sessions (makes the boss less antagonistic towards it). I called a lactation consultant and she reccomended a herbal supplement. Started it last night, we'll see how it works,
              Which supplement are you using? There are several that can help. There are also lactogenic foods that might help you. Oatmeal is a big one. I eat a bowl of oatmeal everyday and I have heard of several others who eat it as well to keep up milk supply.

Amy

Comment

Z is 3 mos old. I nurse her at night. I usually get in 4-5 nursings when I am with her. She has an ear infection and I got sick so I think that may have contributed. The supplement is the more milk plus. I hate oatmeal but am eating the strawberries n cream instant. Thank you all for your support (my sis keeps telling me to buy formula just in case)

Comment

Originally posted by ZMom View Post
                  Z is 3 mos old. I nurse her at night. I usually get in 4-5 nursings when I am with her. She has an ear infection and I got sick so I think that may have contributed. The supplement is the more milk plus. I hate oatmeal but am eating the strawberries n cream instant. Thank you all for your support (my sis keeps telling me to buy formula just in case)
                  The more milk plus is supposed to be a good one. Good luck. Let us know.

Comment

I did my first pump of the day and the results were worse than yesterday. I have only taken the more milk plus twice so maybe I just need more time. I had a really high fever(104.7) on Monday. Last night I had a fever (102.4) again. Do you think these fevers could be decreasing my supply?

Comment

104.7???? did you go to the ER????

Comment

Originally posted by PoshMama View Post
                        104.7???? did you go to the ER????
                        It went down very quickly after I took some Tylenol and I have been fine until last night. I was also kinda of delirious until it went down, it never occurred to me to go to the ER. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to get checked out.

Comment

Working...
                        X