Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tandem Nursing and nursing while pregnant

Well, BIG SURPRISE!!!! I just found out I'm pregnant! Not really planned - we were planning to wait until late fall, early winter to start trying again.

Ds will be one at the end of the month. So it's going to busy!!

I was hoping to nurse ds until he was ready wean himself but now that I'm pg that may happen a lot sooner than I think due to changes in my milk from the pregnancy.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with nursing while pregnant? How did your LO react when milk changed to colostrum again? Did they wean themselves or persevere? If they stopped did they pick up again once milk came back?

Has anyone nursed more than one child at a time? How did that work out?

Also - what about cosleeping with two? How did it work when baby is up so frequently? Dh thinks it might not be such a good idea since baby may be waking older one all the time?

wow - so much to think about.....

I will be without computer for a couple days but am grateful for some advice and ideas!!
    Thanks so much!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am 30 weeks and still feeding DS who is just about 20 months. I thought that he was going to wean in the second trimester when the milk started to slow down, he stopped asking and would go a day or two with no 'mum milk'. Then the colostrum came in and its all back on. He is keen to have 'mum milk' whenever he possibly can and will sit on the breast of an hour at a time just having cuddles (not so bad for a rapidly expanding pregnant lady to get an hour just relaxing). I am hoping that he will continue through as I would love to feed the two of them. I do know that a lot of LO are put off by the colostrum though, so dont know if DS is just odd .

I found this book http://www.llli.org/NB/NBNovDec03p222.html really interesting and has heaps of information from pregnancy and into tandem nursing.

GL! And congrats again.

Comment

i don't have personal experience w/tandum nursing, but know many moms who have. as far as cosleeping, i was REALLY worried about how it would go, but looking back realize i should have just relaxed and not spent energy thinking about it. it really does all work itself out very nicely. my oldest (who was 3 when ds2 was born) slept right through the crying and nighttime feedings, even nighttime diaper changes that required full lighting and major poo all over the bed which had to be cleaned up (ugh, really don't miss that part).

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I only have one LO right now, so no advice. Just wanted to say congrats.

Comment

There is a great series of posts by PHD in Parenting (she also writes for API Speaks Blog) on adjusting to two kids. You should check it out.

To tandem or not to tandem (Part 2 of series on preparing for baby #2)

Move over: making room for 1 more in the bed (Part 3 of a series on preparing for baby #2)

Comment

Thank you so much!!!!

Haven't read any of the info yet - just got home from a relaxing 4 days at camp! Nice.

I will check out the info everyone has posted!! Thanks so much for the congrats and advice!

Comment

Originally posted by naomifrederickmd View Post
              There is a great series of posts by PHD in Parenting (she also writes for API Speaks Blog) on adjusting to two kids. You should check it out.

To tandem or not to tandem (Part 2 of series on preparing for baby #2)

Move over: making room for 1 more in the bed (Part 3 of a series on preparing for baby #2)
              I read all 3 parts to the series- great reading!! Just wanted to say thanks!!

I also ordered the book on tandem nursing.

We told my parents and my brother & his wife on the weekend which is making all the more real - I'm still very scared but excited about the new baby.

I'm finding myself feeling a little sad for myself & ds that we are going to lose our one on one time together sooner than originally planned - but it's making me greatful for the sweet sweet moments we have everyday and will continue to have. I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to!

Comment

I'm finding myself feeling a little sad for myself & ds that we are going to lose our one on one time together sooner than originally planned - but it's making me greatful for the sweet sweet moments we have everyday and will continue to have. I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to!
                I felt the same way, at first -after my second was born -I missed that special time with my firstborn. I really had to make an effort to reconnect with him because it would of been easy to let go of that connection with the new baby and family and friends offering to help with him so much. Make sure your help (and hubby) give you and your firstborn time to be together.
                Congrats on the realness!

Comment

Am I mistaken, or did you start a thread about having hesitations for having more than one child because you have such a wonderful bond with you son?

Comment

Originally posted by connerleesmom View Post
                    Am I mistaken, or did you start a thread about having hesitations for having more than one child because you have such a wonderful bond with you son?
                    That wasn't me. I do have an amazing bond with my son but I've always known I wanted more children. I just didn't think it would be this soon!! :-)

Comment

Sorry, I'm thinking of someone else then!

Comment

Working...
                      X