Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the UK complaints about HP's at all levels are always registered, taken very seriously and have to be investigated.

It would be a real pity if nursing mothers here in the UK felt that there was no point in making one about breastfeeding advice that contravened policy because of an completely unrelated case

Comment

Originally posted by kamala View Post
      In the UK complaints about HP's at all levels are always registered, taken very seriously and have to be investigated.

It would be a real pity if nursing mothers here in the UK felt that there was no point in making one about breastfeeding advice that contravened policy because of an completely unrelated case
      I'm talking from my own experience, no one cared sadly making a complaint led nowhere, actually got me into more trouble

I'd still advise people to complain, I'd just not want them to expect something to happen. KWIM?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that

I've personally complained several times, more recently on two occasions about misleading breastfeeding/weaning advice in early years settings and both times it was acted on very quickly. Maybe I managed to voice my complaint to the right person.

I'm aware we're straying a bit from the OT but I'm also aware that there aren't many people from the UK using this forum (yet!) and I really don't want other forum users to get the impression that the UK health system is generally (a) anti breastfeeding and (b) unregulated.

The UK has a publicly funded health system whose remit is massive and extremely difficult to manage. If anything people (and breastfeeding mothers) are let down by a lack of financial investment in the services it offers rather than a generally negative attitude of the health professionals. As in any system, there are good staff members and there are not so good ones.
        Last edited by kamala; 11-16-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X