Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2yo wants to latch but can't. sad

I am VERY sad.
    My toddler is 2y4m. When she was about 16mo I was pregnant of her little sister, and somehow my milk changed/ended. Not sure which. I just remember her coming and trying to nurse a couple of times and saying "it was all done". At the same time my nipples get some "crusty brown thing" which the docs said later was due to hormones and I remember her also saying "yuck".
    Anyway... in this between she weaned. I thought it was her choice and natural, and accepted.
    Now my baby is 5mo.
    This morning my toddler came to me, lift my shirt, layed in my arms, and tried to latch. She placed my breast on her mouth and just kept quiet for a while. I tried to suggest she try to suck it liek when she has her bottle, and she just said: "Baby's turn to eat" and left.
    I felt awful! I just wish I could have done something. I wish I had been better educated and not let her give up nursing.
    I just have this giant sense of loss for her and myself.
    (
    I am not sure if it would work to try to relactate her. I don't know if she could learn, if she would have the patience to try, or even if she would like the taste (after having regular milk for a while). Still... I kind of mourn it now
    Is there a way to try to make up her loss or help her? It does not help I work outside of home (

Originally posted by sandykassia View Post
    I am VERY sad.
    My toddler is 2y4m. When she was about 16mo I was pregnant of her little sister, and somehow my milk changed/ended. Not sure which. I just remember her coming and trying to nurse a couple of times and saying "it was all done". At the same time my nipples get some "crusty brown thing" which the docs said later was due to hormones and I remember her also saying "yuck".
    Anyway... in this between she weaned. I thought it was her choice and natural, and accepted.
    Now my baby is 5mo.
    This morning my toddler came to me, lift my shirt, layed in my arms, and tried to latch. She placed my breast on her mouth and just kept quiet for a while. I tried to suggest she try to suck it liek when she has her bottle, and she just said: "Baby's turn to eat" and left.
    I felt awful! I just wish I could have done something. I wish I had been better educated and not let her give up nursing.
    I just have this giant sense of loss for her and myself.
    (
    I am not sure if it would work to try to relactate her. I don't know if she could learn, if she would have the patience to try, or even if she would like the taste (after having regular milk for a while). Still... I kind of mourn it now
    Is there a way to try to make up her loss or help her? It does not help I work outside of home (
    Hi!
    it is sad to see how our children sometimes react to a new baby but I think what happened is perfectly normal... Your older girl can see the baby nursing so she wants it too, but I don't think it the NURSING I think it's just being together and close to mom. My son wanted to sleep in baby's bed and even tried the dummy again. I mean it is just my opinion but I really don't think it was about nursing!

Comment

Working...
    X