Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww....

I was nursing my soon to be 2-year-old ds today, I told him "I love you", and he stopped nursing, looked at me and said "I know."

I was totally blown away!! That's actually been his only two word phrase for a while, but he's never used it in that context. He usually says it when he's really wants something really bad, I'll pick him up and he'll point me in the direction if whatever it is, and say "Oh, I know" (almost like he's having the realization for me, lol). But this is the first time that he said it in a way that I knew that he knew what it meant. I totally melted!!

There should be a thread for the cute things our kids say to us.

Those are the things that make me smile everyday. Children never seem to forget to put things in perspective for me. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Aw, that's great!

Naked Baby has about 30 signs, and one of the more recent ones is is father (dada). He doesn't sign or say mama yet (though to be fair, his first and still most frequent sign is milk, and he'll use that for me, too lol), but last night he was in the bedroom with his dad and apparently heard me getting out of the shower and signed dada. LOL Apparently that sign just means parent for now.

Comment

That is sooooo sweet!

Comment

I love these stories! Kids are so wonderful!

I love when one of my girls will just come up and say "Mom, I love you!" It just melts me every time!

Comment

i sooooo wish i had started a book of all the sweet, funny, charming things mine have said to me. you swear you'll remember them, but the memories soon fade....

Comment

awww*sniff* for sure...
              my DS used to offer my breast to me when he was nursing..I will never forget it. He would nurse holding with his chubby little baby hand and then turn up my breast to me and look at me like want some?
              ahhhh...I miss those lazy long days of nursing....

Comment

How heartwarming! I just love how our children are so warm and affectionate in the "right" context sometimes like you were saying (like little adults). Our son (19 months old) at around 14 months old did something similar when we were nursing (that was when he liked to "attack" me by having me lay on my back so he could lay belly to belly with me). He stopped nursing, looked at me, and said, "mama" for the first time to me! He used to say "dada" to Daddy, and he called me his own version for "mama", but this was truly the first time it clicked in his brain and he said it to the right person. It brought tears to my eyes! I said, "Yes, honey, that's right! I am your mama!" Lately, if he's walking past someone or even something (like a toy) that is close to him and he needs to get by, he'll say, "Excuse me!" I say that to him when we're vaccuming and he's in my way where I need to get by. It just blows me away at how much of a "sponge" they are, what they pick up on, how their minds process it, and when/how they use it! Amazing! I wish I would've taken Child Psychology in college... maybe it's more "normal" than I think.

Comment

Originally posted by harmonicker View Post
                  awww*sniff* for sure...
                  my DS used to offer my breast to me when he was nursing..I will never forget it. He would nurse holding with his chubby little baby hand and then turn up my breast to me and look at me like want some?
                  ahhhh...I miss those lazy long days of nursing....

Hahaha - OMG, that's great! Donovan used to do that all the time while drinking out of a straw....he'd take a sip or two, then turn it towards me to offer me some. But he's never done it with, um, my boob.

Comment

Originally posted by loveleighbird View Post
                    Our son (19 months old) at around 14 months old did something similar when we were nursing (that was when he liked to "attack" me by having me lay on my back so he could lay belly to belly with me).

Ah yes, I remember that stage - in fact, it still isn't completely over. I'll wake up some mornings to find him stretched out across my face practically, to reach my right side. Gotta love those toddler nursing acrobatics!

Comment

That is so adorable!

Comment

My 17-month-old did something similar the other day. She woke from a nap and was surprised to see me home (I'd been at work), and she immediately started nursing. She then pushed herself up off of me, leaned forward, gave me a kiss, and then resumed nursing! That made my week!

Comment

Working...
                        X