Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found a healthy eating chart - finally!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a healthy eating chart - finally!

I've been looking for something like this for months and have tried to create my own several times, but haven't had much success.

This would just serve as a guide for me...I obviously wouldn't force ds to eat things just b/c a chart says he needs too, but it would help me to track things better and call attention to areas that are lacking in what I'm offering him.

Thought some of you might be interested in something similar too.

http://www.busyfamilyhelpers.com/page/985821

I'm not affiliated with this company in any way or anything...just sharing something I found that might help ease some mama stress related to feeding

Thanks for sharing. I struggle with making sure we all eat a balanced diet, too!

Personally, I don't think the USDA Food Pyramid is the best way of eating, but having a wipe-off checklist of the categories of foods one chooses to eat for health is a great idea! (This would be helpful for vitamins and supplements, too.)

Comment

We're actually vegan, so I'm with you about the USDA recommendations, but still think a chart like this could work just for making it obvious what we are and are not eating.

Maybe I could make my own chart so it doesn't have a big steak on it And for us the milk section would be called simply "calcium" since cow's milk is not our source of calcium.
      Last edited by havecompassion; 04-15-2008, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by havecompassion View Post
        Maybe I could make my own chart so it doesn't have a big steak on it And for us the milk section would be called simply "calcium" since cow's milk is not our source of calcium.
        You could totally make your own- get a plain dry erase board and use a sharpie or other permanent markers to draw the chart. You can use colored markers and stickers to make it look more fun. Then just get dry erase markers to keep track of the food. I've been thinkng about making one of these for us, as I am always trying to make sure we're eating a balanced array of foods.

Comment

Originally posted by havecompassion View Post
          We're actually vegan, so I'm with you about the USDA recommendations, but still think a chart like this could work just for making it obvious what we are and are not eating.

I am a veggie too, almost vegan. We have the occasional cheese. It is a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
          X