X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Baby Wrap for those with bad backs, neck & shoulders

FINALLY after 5 months I have found a way to wear my son w/o pain! I bought the Ultimate Baby Wrap 2 1/2 yrs ago & used it w/ DD but forgot had it until found it just recently. It's not very fast on & off but well worth it in exchange for pain free baby wearing! I have bad back, neck & shoulder pain & have tried over the shoulder baby holder sling, zolowear sling, hot sling, mai tei (sp?) & ergo & all caused more pain & as last resort I tried U.B.W. & NO PAIN AT ALL! DS is over 20 lbs. & is 28" long at 5 months old so he is a VERY HEAVY baby! Can't feel his weight much at all in this wrap. Wanted to share with those who have pain that prevents them from babywearing in case you want to give it a try! It's awesome!
    Last edited by blessedmama; 08-06-2008, 07:29 PM.

Yeah, Awsome.

The babynest is an easier wrap for a new mother or father. For those of us that get lost in that fabric!

Comment

i'm glad you've found something that works for you! w/ds2, the wrap was my favorite. no particular brand, i made my own.

Comment

Alias

Whoa! That's my beloved sleepywrap under a different name. I agree, it's fantastic.

Comment

thanks for the recommendations! i'm a babywearing junkie although my babywearing days with my nearly 2yo but will keep these in mind to recommend to other moms.

Comment

Well, after wearing DS2 awhile, I found I can only wear it short amount of time. I have over supply & block very easy & the heat between the baby & me (I get hot easy) in the fabric produces more milk & well....... Guess I keep carrying my 21 lbs. 6 month old as long as my arms don't give out, lol! Still LOVE the wrap, just can't use it.

Comment

I've been wondering about these carriers. I actually had one when my 2.5 yo was tiny, but I found it too confusing. We used a ring sling and I felt like I was pretty limited in what I could do. No reaching, no bending... We're expecting #2 in May, and I am considering a wrap this time. Do you feel you have a pretty good range of motion with the UBW?

Comment

I have both a traditional sling and the Ultimate Baby Wrap. The UBW offers a good range of motion from side to side, but it can be tough on the knees to do lots of bending. The UBW is great for vacuuming, going on long walks, dusting the house, etc. I prefer using the sling for shorter periods of time, such as folding laundry, working in the kitchen, and fast trips to the grocery store. My son is 9 months old now, and while he loves both carriers, I find myself using the sling more and more because it's easier to get him in and out. He's at the age where he wants to get down and crawl frequently.

Comment

Working...
                X