Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious, How long did you baby wear?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLMom View Post
    I'm glad I found this post, as I am considering switching my carrier, as my son is 20 pounds and wearing him in my pouch sling is getting kind of difficult. I was thinking about switching to a ring sling, as it is adjustable and would allow him to sit a little higher up ( I find the strain is bad on my shoulder as he is hanging lower on my hip as he is getting heavier.) We also have a Snugli carrier, but neither he nor I is very comfortable with this anymore due to his weight. I am interested in the wrap carriers, are they difficult to use? I am usually on my own with him when I wear him, so I need something simple to get him in and out of.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    I love wrapping! Not everybody likes it because it can be trickier to learn. It depends on how into learning it you want to get. It really isn't difficult, but can be a little overwhelming sometimes. Like I said I love it though. Ring slings are nice, but to me they aren't as useful with a heavier baby or toddler for longer periods of time. They are nice for easy in and out though. If your pouch is hurting your shoulder, a RS might too unless like I said you're just wearing for a short amount of time. I think the easiest most fool proof carrier is a mei tai. They're easy to figure out and they distribute the weight very well. I wrap my DS when I'm at home and when I go for walks, but I use a mei tai when I'm out and about. I just think it's easier.

Good luck!

Comment

Wraps are very comfortable and very versatile. However, like Amy mentioned they do take some practice to learn to use. If you don't mind spending a little time learning how to use them, you can wear your son very comfortably. Mei tais are easier and also very comfortable. You can wear your son on your front, hip or back with both types of carriers and they both distribute the weight over both shoulders. If you're wanting something easy, I would recommend a mei tai. It's similar to a snugli, but much more comfortable.

Comment

I'm a wrapper, after trying pretty much everything. The beauty of wraps is their versatility -- you can use them for front, back, or hip carries. There is definitely a learning curve, but there's a wealth of knowledge and videos that you can find online to help you out. That being said, mei teis might be an easy, equally comfortable option for you.

Comment

I like this post, my 14 mo old is also very large she is 31in. probably more by now that was 2 mo ago and 22 lbs. And she get's excited whenever she sees the wrap, which I prefer since it evenly distributes her wait, I had to give up my pouch about 5 lbs ago. She loves it when we go out to a museum or the zoo, but that's about it. Like another mom said as soon as I get her in it she wants to go do something else. It makes me so sad when I hear about other mom's whose toddler still sleep in their slings. My daughter was an early walker and just prefers to be on the go. I miss just hanging out with her in the sling.

Comment

My girl is 13 months so still worn all the time. I really really hope I can wear her until she's happy to walk alone, providing she wants to be worn of course.

Comment

I had a Close pre-formed wrap at first as I was a bit nervous about the free-form wrap and all that fabric. After a while it was a bit too stretchy though so I got a Moby and that seemed better for my heavier toddler and also had a hip-hold. Now I'm confident I'd use the Moby from birth. My daughter is 19m and loves to go in the hip hold, facing mummy or breastfeeding. She often misses her nap now but can't always go all day so she has a sleepy feed in what we call 'slingthing' and that's enough. Today I went right round the supermarket while she did that! I think some people thought 'why doesnt she put the child to sleep in the pushchair, stupid woman' (I was happily chucking my shopping in there!) Some people were clearly debating 'is she doing what I think she's doing with that child in there/surely not?' I couldn't BF in the Close sling as it only does sitting up and she never liked that and I had a couple of friends with wraps who didn't have instructions on BF with theirs, so I'd say the instructions are key or else it is just, well, a very long piece of fabric! Thanks to my Moby instructions they now BF on the school run, etc. It's the best bit of kid-kit you could ever buy: from teething to feeding, from illess to raging temperature, from I need to avoid a parking ticket and feed you to i've tried everything else, this bit of kit does it! It's now always the first (and usually last!) thing I try in order to fix my little girl's world x

Comment

We have the African baby carrier and I still both my boys in it, we only have one, but they both love it. Daniel is the oldest at nearly 3 and a half and he weighs 33 pounds, and baby who is nearly 2 weighs 24 pounds. So easy to carry both. I often carry baby in the carrier when he is tired, when we are home, and also when we are out...he only likes to be in it at home when I cook, late afternoon, otherwise just when we are out and about.

Comment

Working...
                X