X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She doesn't seem to like the sling!

I hope I can get some ideas on wearing my daughter! I have 4 different types of babywearers (all free passed down from friends yay!) a Nojo w/ extra padded shoulder from Dr. Sears' website, a Maya wrap, a Baby Bjorn & a thing called a Cupertino. My daughter doesn't like any of them! Whenever I put her in one, whether she's asleep or awake, she screams & cries. So, I immediately take her out.

Problem is, she's a high needs baby so wants to be held all the time. Between my husband & I we maybe put her down in her swing or her otherwise unused crib for at the most 1/2 hour a day. Don't get me wrong, I feel like I need to be holding her all the time, but it would sure be nice if I could use both hands!

For now, I've been waiting until she's in her best part of her day & then I try her in one of them. The most successful one so far has been the Baby Bjorn which she will stay in for about 5 minutes before she starts grumping about & I take her out.

Since I'm an inexperienced Babywearer, I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas on what to do. Has this happened w/ others? She's so small I feel like sometimes she's lost in the Nojo or Maya & maybe I just need to learn some good infant positions since she's only 8 weeks old & is still pretty small. I'm going to a LLL meeting tonight & I'm going to take the Nojo with me so hopefully someone there can help me too.

Anyway, help!

Have you tried different positions in the sling? Out of the ones you listed, I'd say (from personal experience) that the Maya Wrap is going to be your best bet for new positions, etc. What I did with my daughter was nurse her in the sling, once she associated that with the sling she had no problem whatsoever being in there. I ended up slinging her until she was 2.5 and she was done with it (my son was 4.5 and he had grown tired of the sling so she emulated him hehe).

Here is a link to different positions to use with a sling that shows pictures, etc - beneficial link for sure: http://www.taylormadeslings.com/instructions.html

Comment

Thank you thank you thank you! I knew it was just a matter of me figuring out the right positions! That site was great! I am now sitting here w/ a sleeping baby in a sling & we even went for a walk w/ the Maya & aside from being grumpy about the bright sun, she did great!

Hooray for this site! It's been such a help to me! Thank you melissa_h!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bikil View Post
        Thank you thank you thank you! I knew it was just a matter of me figuring out the right positions! That site was great! I am now sitting here w/ a sleeping baby in a sling & we even went for a walk w/ the Maya & aside from being grumpy about the bright sun, she did great!

Hooray for this site! It's been such a help to me! Thank you melissa_h!!
        You're welcome! I'm glad that both of you are having a good day with the sling, there is definitely a bit of an adjustment curve for both momma and baby (and daddy too!).

Comment

Glad to hear you have had success- babycarriers are lifesavers. Here in a few weeks you will wonder how you ever survived with out one! I hope you don't catch the bug- I have a different carrier to match the colors of my outfits.

Comment

Working...
          X