Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite book on positive discipline?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite book on positive discipline?

Hi everyone,

I'm compiling a list of parents' favorite books related to positive discipline for the upcoming special DOUBLE ISSUE of The Attached Family magazine on discipline.

For me, I really love these books:

Discipline without Distress by Judy Arnall
    How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
    Instead of Medicating and Punishing by Laurie Couture
    Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

and of course...

Attached at the Heart by Barbara Nicholson & Lysa Parker.

What are your favorite books on discipline?

Connection Parenting
    Playful Parenting
    Not a book, but Naomi Aldort's CD - Toddlers: To Tame or Trust
    How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk

I am currently reading Unconditional Parenting. This might become my favorite.

Comment

Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids by Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson

Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka

Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too
      by Adele Faber,Elaine Mazlish

Comment

Playful Parenting and Unconditional Parenting. Loved them both. They gave me a much better sense of the "why" behind my responses to my kids - which I'd rather focus on than the "how".

Comment

Kids Are Worth It by Barbara Coloroso!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been educating myself about parenthood for years now. Thank you for this thread, I have ordered one book and will surely read others once the baby is closer to arrival.

One question: a couple of you have mentioned Playful Parenting, but when I check Amazon I see there are two books with this title. Who is the author of the one you mean? Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Parjata View Post
              One question: a couple of you have mentioned Playful Parenting, but when I check Amazon I see there are two books with this title. Who is the author of the one you mean? Many thanks.

it's Lawrence Cohen

Comment

Working...
              X